Can't read the announcement and some stickies due to a blocker on this stupid puter, so don't get mad at me if this doesn't go here.

If I could, I would post pictures, but can't, possibly later in the week. I'm posting it now so I don't forget to do this later. I'll describe it as best as I can.

Anyway, my dad has this bass he "stole" in the 80's. One of his college roommates let him borrow it, and moved to a different state without the bass. He doesn't know what brand or model it is, and neither do I.

It is a red SG style 4 string with 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, a three way selector, and some funky looking pickups, I think the bridge is humbucking (hard to tell with a plate thing over it), and the neck is most likely single coil. These pickups are aligned like a guitar's, instead of one being higher up on the body than the other. On the headstock, where the brand name is, has a gold circle with what looks a lot like a "k" in it. On the back of the neck, where the body first meets the neck (on the metal plate), it has "David Settlemoir" scratched in it, obviously done by machine. 20 frets, if I remember correctly (I can't look at it at the moment), and rectangular inlays (not trapezoids). The scratch plate only comes up about an inch above the bottom of the pickups, and is not a string-thru body (if basses ever are).

Like I said, no pictures until possibly later this week, no promises. I was just wondering if UG could figure it out.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I realize this is a guitar, but is this the emblem you're describing?

If so, it's a Kay knockoff of an SG bass.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Jan 25, 2009,
Beast, that is exactly it except for a couple things. No tremolo, the K isn't on the scratch plate, but on the head, and the obvious guitar thing. I guess that pretty much solves it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
i don't know much about Kay basses/guitars, but they sell them at our local flea market new for $50-$150. Could be a good student/practice guitar.