Page 1 of 4
I'm looking for some new metal bands that have empowering content... in the lyrics and music. Lyrics that bring you to your feet. Lyrics that are... existential, inspiring, empowering... etc

I think All That Remains, really does it in that department, are there any others?

and of course... all metal is empowering to an extent...t hats what metal is about... but i'm looking for bands thats really go for this. thanks!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Jonas brothers?

Oh, and metal section would be the best place to ask, though you might get some quality answers...^
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by dio_dude
Steer clear of power metal. Depressing music, you wouldn't like it.

He nailed it.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
All That Remains doesn't really fit those criteria, to be honest. Great band nevertheless.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I know what you mean, about all that remains, their lyrics are like "**** you, i wont give up" (if i explained that right)
but try In Flames =)
maybe....
Scar Symmetry
Unearth
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Amon Amarth..
By the end of every song..
You will feel the need to strip butt-naked and swing a massive battle axe..
as i lay dying has really positive lyrics...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Lost Horizon

"Don't forget you are metal, not some ass-kissing *****!"

You know you can't resist this

edit: check this **** out
Walking in the shadow of life's dreary side
Fallen down memory lane
Winds whip the world, just like the woes whip my mind
Where is that time when "right now" was The words
When the heart burned with will like a flare
All I now keep is just damned commonplace misery

Hey man! What is this?!
Sounds like wail of a wimp
Did you let loser side take command?!
Where's the warrior in you
And the spirit he got
You say - "lost"
No! It's somewhere inside
And you know there's a force that unites all of us
Leave the wasteland we together will!
If you're broken, remember, you got faith within us!
Take now your next deep breath and revive
your old strength

Facing the abyss of heart's lonely grief
The bitch has polluted my soul
Rains flood the earth, just like the tears flood my eyes
Never again will my life be the same
Nothing can heal up my wounds
Guile and disgrace shall now follow me into the end

I just can not believe it
It's too weak to be true
Have you really forgotten your worth?!
Can't you see victory!?
You are now free again!
Look at me!
Yeah! I live my own life
If you once tasted treason from a female - leave that!
Every warrior has a gash on his sword
Don't forget you are metal, not some ass-kissing *****
Take some under your wings, but she must kiss the ring!

Winds of metal, make me once again
feel clear air's breath blowing in my wings!

I possess magic force
I am free in my words
Whole the world lays right below my feet
Life of duties and dogmas are just frames formed by rats
How'd I know?
Hey! I'm a guardian of truth
Now! Is really the time to wake up you old jade
Such as Phoenix spreads his firewings
I will help you remember by kicking your ass

And the will shall return
And again hearts shall burn
All the horns now will sing
Leading you back to the metal winds
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Last edited by Ironbodom at Jan 25, 2009,
Trivium's The Crusade album has a few anthems on it, namely, Anthem.

And I agree with you about All That Remains.
I listen to it before my High School (AMERICAN) Football games.

Also, Dragonforce.

I'm totally serious they kick ass in an uplifting way.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Some parts of Sea Of Treachery's are empowering I guess. What do you mean by 'empowering'?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

Pantera's got some motivating songs.

If you like beating the **** out of others, and think that's motivating.
A lot of these lyrics I just can't take seriously.

I checked out all these bands, all good music but, lyrically can't compete with All That Remains for this purpose. I was hoping there would be more similar to All That Remains.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
How about a thread not about metal? Also there is probably no such thing as a metal band with the lyrics that you want.
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Yeah, I suggest All That Remains if you're into you know... cutting your wrists and stuff. Well, that first post suggesting Jonas Brothers fits in to this thread just as much as ATR does.

Anywho, aside from pussy imitation metal. Let's get to the real stuff. Don't listen to anyone who says Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, or Dragonforce is brutal and makes them wanna beat the **** out of someone. I'll list my favorites of a few genres.

Death Metal - Cannibal Corpse (You can never go wrong with CC)
Technical DM - Necrophagist
Progressive DM - Hate Eternal
Melodic DM - Kalmah
Folk Metal - Finntroll
Viking Metal - Einherjer
Black Metal - Gorgoroth
Melodic BM - Dissection
Symph. BM - Emperor
Heavy Metal - Iron Maiden
Power Metal - Hammerfall/Rising Force

Also try bands like Wintersun, Immortal, Deicide, Whitechapel, Morbid Angel, Korpiklaani, etc...
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Yeah, I suggest All That Remains if you're into you know... cutting your wrists and stuff. Well, that first post suggesting Jonas Brothers fits in to this thread just as much as ATR does.

Anywho, aside from pussy imitation metal. Let's get to the real stuff. Don't listen to anyone who says Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, or Dragonforce is brutal and makes them wanna beat the **** out of someone. I'll list my favorites of a few genres.

Melodic DM - Kalmah
Folk Metal - Finntroll
Viking Metal - Einherjer
Black Metal - Gorgoroth
Melodic BM - Dissection
Symph. BM - Emperor

Also try bands like Wintersun, Immortal, Deicide, Whitechapel, Morbid Angel, Korpiklaani, etc...

You forgot

Metal Metal - Diuaeliw
Quote by Zinnie

Manowar. For reals.

Quote by xChristgrindeRx

Anywho, aside from pussy imitation metal. Let's get to the real stuff. Don't listen to anyone who says Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, or Dragonforce is brutal and makes them wanna beat the **** out of someone.

Last edited by InvaderTSN at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by RPGoof
I googled that

Looks like as much of a logical band name as the others he listed.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by xChristgrindeRx

Melodic DM - Kalmah
Folk Metal - Finntroll
Viking Metal - Einherjer
Black Metal - Gorgoroth
Melodic BM - Dissection
Symph. BM - Emperor

You are an incredibly ignorant man... as I once was. I used to want to have nothing to do with modern music period let alone "All That Remains"... I was only into jazz, classical, and classic rock/metal. I realize now that, this view is garbage. Download an "All that Remains" album and you may be pleasantly surprised. Many of these bands like "atreyu" I agree with you on, however don't dismiss every band under the "metal-core" label as wrist cutting, money making, pop metal. I see "All That Remains" as a progressive metal band more than metalcore... they are skilled musicians.
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Quote by Devon8822
You are an incredibly ignorant man... as I once was. I used to want to have nothing to do with modern music period let alone "All That Remains"... I was only into jazz, classical, and classic rock/metal. I realize now that, this view is garbage. Download an "All that Remains" album and you may be pleasantly surprised. Many of these bands like "atreyu" I agree with you on, however don't dismiss every band under the "metal-core" label as wrist cutting, money making, pop metal. I see "All That Remains" as a progressive metal band more than metalcore... they are skilled musicians.

Dude, you have a razorblade as an avatar. You're obviously an emo who cuts himself to ATR.

Please don't take this seriously.
How is All That Remains emo? That was probably the dumbest thing I've read all day
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by InvaderTSN
I see you're still using UG Classic.

This too. Alestorm is greatness beyond words.

I saw your white text, I was referring to Christgrind or whatever's post :p
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by InvaderTSN
Dude, you have a razorblade as an avatar. You're obviously an emo who cuts himself to ATR.

Please don't take this seriously.

My point brutally proven once again... Do you know what my display picture is... no... you ignorantly assumed I am an emo.

It is the album cover for the classic Judas Priest album British Steel... DO YOU REALIZE THE MISTAKE YOU JUST MADE???? CAN YOU NAME A SINGLE ALBUM/BAND THAT IS MORE METAL THAN MY DISPLAY PICTURE ALBUM COVER???

Have you seen Metal: A headbangers Journey? Did you see the part where Scott Ian from Anthrax, claims this Priest album to be "the first REAL metal album in existence".

You just like... humiliated yourself bro, my Judas Priest - British Steel, album cover display pic, cannot be more metal.
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Last edited by Devon8822 at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by Devon8822
My point brutally proven once again... Do you know what my display picture is... no... you ignorantly assumed I am an emo.

It is the album cover for the classic Judas Priest album British Steel... DO YOU REALIZE THE MISTAK EYOU JUST MADE???? CAN YOU NAME A SINGLE ALBUM/BAND THAT IS MORE METAL THAN MY DISPLAY PICTURE ALBUM COVER???

Have you seen Metal: A headbangers Journey? Did you see the part where Scott Ian from Anthrax, claims this Priest album to be "the first REAL metal album in existence".

You just like... humiliated yourself bro

I know.

brb killing myself

Also.

Quote by InvaderTSN
I know.

brb killing myself

Also.

Classic^^^^^^
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Wrap yourself in sheets of aluminum foil. Soooooooo empowering. And metal. Empowering metal.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Devon8822

It is the album cover for the classic Judas Priest album British Steel... DO YOU REALIZE THE MISTAKE YOU JUST MADE???? CAN YOU NAME A SINGLE ALBUM/BAND THAT IS MORE METAL THAN MY DISPLAY PICTURE ALBUM COVER???

You just like... humiliated yourself bro, my Judas Priest - British Steel, album cover display pic, cannot be more metal.

I'm like 90% sure that you're being trolled.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Bushinarin
I'm like 90% sure that you're being trolled.

I think your right brah... haha

thought I would explain how metal my display pic was either way though
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Quote by Devon8822
I think your right brah... haha

thought I would explain how metal my display pic was either way though

I didn't recognize it, and I'm more metal than anyone else on the face of the planet.

With the exception of maybe Johann Hegg or Glen Benton.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Between the Buried & Me have very inspirational lyrics. In Flames too, as mentioned on the first page.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Page 1 of 4