Hi
well I was just wondering what might be some good solos for beginners.
I've been playing for two years, but I've never really progressed out of the power-chord stage so I've been looking to get into to some harder songs with solos and such.

What would be some good songs to start on?
A lot of classic rock songs have pretty simple pentatonic based solos. I'd advise you to learn the patterns (not just the box patterns, but all the patterns throughout the fretboard) and you can pretty much tackle most of the blues based classic rock songs.

Some fairly simple solos that I can think of in that mold are

AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long
Black Sabbath - Paranoid, War Pigs
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love

Those would all be good starts, just about any AC/DC song actually fits the mold, similar with Led Zeppelin, though they have a few solos that get a little more technically demanding, but how well you can play them all depends on how comfortable you are with the patterns they are based on.
the intro solo of one, fade to black , and sanitarium , by metallica

the sweep part in fade to black is a good way to introduce yourselfinto sweep-picking
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
I agree with al112987, AC/DC and Zeppelin base their solos around minor pentatonic and blues scales, so it's easiest to start with songs by them. Most of AC/DC songs, you just have to know the power chords and then learn the solo and you can play the whole thing.

Also, if you're a person who can pick up things pretty well by ear, alot of Nirvana's solos sounds exactly the same as their verse or chorus. Once you figure out the first few notes of the solo, just go along with it so it's sounds right.

But, yeah, it is a good idea to learn scales and their patterns. Here, copy and paste this link in your browser to learn some more: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/soloing/soloing_with_the_minor_pentatonic_scale.html?567364409#comments
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Highway to Hell - AC/DC , great one to start with.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Heart breaker by Pat Benetar
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by steven seagull
Highway to Hell - AC/DC , great one to start with.

Yeah, this is the solo I'm still working on with guitar pro, i've been at it for a few days trying to get it in time.

my first real solo anyways
I am one of the most terrible people with solos but the smells like teen spirit solo is really easy. I still find almost everything by metallica hard (at least the solos).
The solo in Smells Like Teen Spirit is pretty easy.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by Joe-White
Scar Tissue by RHCP

Speaking of The RHCP, Californication is easy too.