I have a Les Paul with a 24-3/4" scale which I'll be tuning to C with.

Is 11 a good gauge with these settings?
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
yup. i personally use 11's in standard/drop d, but they work well in drop c as well. little loose for my tastes but i'm picky.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
same with me.

Quote by mikeyElite
yup. i personally use 11's in standard/drop d, but they work well in drop c as well. little loose for my tastes but i'm picky.
EB skinny top heavy bottoms work great for me
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
i think 11s are fine.

i got a mix going on,
DR 50 38 28 / Ernie ball hybrid 16 11 9
ok thanks
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by boxcarmonument
EB skinny top heavy bottoms work great for me

I used to string my Razorback with these for Drop C/B. They hold up great to the Floyd and still retain the light upper set for better solo work
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I use .011-.048 on a guitar with a 24.75" scale length for standard tuning and they don't feel overly tight to me so I'd say you may want to go up a gauge. Then again, I may just be used to thicker strings.

You'd probably be best trying it to see how it feels with a pack of 12's on standby in case the 11's feel too loose. Either way, you'll only be out by a few dollars/pounds.
11! I used .11s on my les paul in standard and they weren't overly tight at all. .11s on my strat don't even feel that tight in standard.

So dropping the strings a whole tone, I'd probably be using .12s or probably .13s.
I actually like the feel of .009s in C. I have .011s on my Ibby but they're too taut feeling to me.