Hi people, i've been playing bass for little over a year and my mum siad that if i want to buy s distortion pedal i need to put half of the money towards it, so, i play alot of different music, anything from rise against to slipknot to muse, whats a good pedal that has multiple for all ranges of music, under 300
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
well first, distortion can be overdrive, fuzz or actual distortion.

I never use distortion myself, never played attention.

for fuzz, I suggest a bass big muff pi, it will sound rather like muse.

for overdrive I suggest the sansamp bass driver, it sounds rather like Rage Against The Machine at times.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well is there any kind of lie stations that mix all of them ?, i was also wondering if there is a pedal that througbh distorting the sound can change your tuning from say standred to drop b or c, without actually drop tuning the bass
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Quote by TheTankShredder
well is there any kind of lie stations that mix all of them ?, i was also wondering if there is a pedal that througbh distorting the sound can change your tuning from say standred to drop b or c, without actually drop tuning the bass

no and no.

sadly.

however, an overdrive sound and a basic synthy fuzz are both coaxed out of the MXR Bass Blowtorch. takes a little, but it can be done.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

You might want to look at buying an effects box, instead of a particular pedal, especially given that you're not entirely sure what it is that you want.

I have a zoom 607, and its pretty neat, or was at least when I was looking to figure out what I wanted to do. After I did, i went and bought what I really needed (The big muff in and the line 6 in my sig). I'd suggest doing that starting off.
no i kinda meant like, a station where i could get and over drive sound, a wha sound a synth sound and an actual grunge distortion mlike into one pedal, almost like different sounds
Quote by TheTankShredder
no i kinda meant like, a station where i could get and over drive sound, a wha sound a synth sound and an actual grunge distortion mlike into one pedal, almost like different sounds

you want a milti fx then.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

If you're looking for that all at one time then I doubt you'll ever find it, though you might MAYBE have a prayer with one of EH's new pedals, and for the life of me I can't remember its name now.

But I can tell you for sure that you're going to want a Wah pedal. Wah's lose their impact for bass when they're just left alone, you need to sweep it, since when its rocked fully forward its essentially a treble booster, and back it cuts out most of the treble entirely, yadda yadda, you'll need to have a wah pedal. Dunlop makes a good one, as does vox. Morely makes a Mark Tremonti signature Wah that Robert Trujillo uses. Those, and god knows how many more are your options for Wah pedals.
THATS IT MULTI FX....any recomendations ?
my friend that plays guitar got a didtech one, but i needd a bass one does digitech make any good effects pedals... ?
I'm only using a little Ashton BA 15...I'm getting a 300 watt amp for my birthday in october, i just want something with a variety of sounds to play with and get a few different tones...
Well I'm no genius on how Line 6 boards interact with non line 6 amps, which might be not at all, but you should maybe look into getting a line 6 board to run into your amp. I have no idea on cost though, but that'll probably have what you want in one of its 300 presets or so.
a Boss ME20B has some passable effects on it.

I'd use the chorus onstage. usually, it will be fine for most situations, but not ideal.

or, you could be 3 pedals.

Ibanez tone lok phat head

boss odb-3

EHX bass big muff pi

250, roughly.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by TheTankShredder
THATS IT MULTI FX....any recomendations ?
my friend that plays guitar got a didtech one, but i needd a bass one does digitech make any good effects pedals... ?

yea actually i have a pritty good digitech and it was cheap. bp80 i think it would b an awesome place for u to start.
I'd get a used ME-50B from ebay or something so when you realise you don't use most of the effects and you just want a couple of quality pedals instead you can flog the Boss and not waste money.
Quote by smb
I'd get a used ME-50B from ebay or something so when you realise you don't use most of the effects and you just want a couple of quality pedals instead you can flog the Boss and not waste money.

Best advice in this thread yet. TS, do this.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Boss effects you cant go wrong with them. i got a boss synth and a boss distortion. both great

Peace
Can it be put somewere to USE THE SEARCH BAR IN CASES OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN QUESTIONED AND ANSWERED already. I rest my case
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul