Page 1 of 4
So how well do you think your favourite team will perform this year and why????

My team - Port Adelaide Power
Predicted Finish - 7th (dont laugh yet)

I predict 7th beacause, in 2008 our star players got injured early in the season eg, Chad Cornes, Steven Salopek, Brett Ebert ect... and kept playing through these injuries and were underperforming... And this year we have had an extra month of pre season training due to lack of 2008 finals which will help with the thing we struggled with most in 2008 which was the ability to close out games.
*Insert Witty Remark -Here-*
Quote by dio_dude
AFL sucks arse. This is coming from an Australian.

Thats your opinion
its good. but it just dosent have enough influence as the other codes. AFL is only a notch higher than the A-League. so be happy about that. i dont like AFL all that much though.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by ozy!d!ot
its good. but it just dosent have enough influence as the other codes. AFL is only a notch higher than the A-League. so be happy about that. i dont like AFL all that much though.

The amount of influence really depends what state your from, here in South Australia AFL is most popular followed by Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup Cricket and now A-League due to Adelaide United being a strong team.
Please inform a dumb foreigner as to which type of football the AFL is, american football or soccer?
Brisbane.

I remember when Brisbane Lions used to fully own up. Now, they're pretty average.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Sydney swans...

I give up on AFL ladders, don't really care.
HAI!

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!SPAM! SPAM!
Quote by ozy!d!ot

sorry buddy but AFL is by far the biggest sport in australia. cricket is pretty close but AFL has one of the highest average attendances of sport on the world.

on topic, Sydney will win the comp because they are awsomeness.
NRL > AFL. /thread
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Richmond

Prediction: anything but last *crosses fingers* then again our team did accept Ben Cousins.....hello wooden spoon
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by badpun
Richmond

Prediction: anything but last *crosses fingers* then again our team did accept Ben Cousins.....hello wooden spoon

accepting a brownlow medallist, captain of a premiership winning team isnt a bad thing.
Isn't this just Rugby?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm a Sainter, but seriously, AFL is getting boring. It's become more touch football with basketball as opposed to real AFL.

Bring back the 40 man punch-ons, man, even let the players actually use their strength to get the ball instead off free kicks being paid for putting your hand on the opponent.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by kidsilcon
Isn't this just Rugby?

way different........way better

and anyone from NSW is gonna say that afl sucks and that rugby is better...........but its not

i dont like to watch people run into each other for 2 hrs...the game goes nowhere

on the other hand.......afl is awesome

AFL FTW!

oh and i heard something that more americans watch AFL than australians..............its something like 20% of americans watch it......but there's just so many of them!
Quote by andychalmers102
NRL > AFL. /thread

+ God damn 1
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by geetar_man0

oh and i heard something that more americans watch AFL than australians..............its something like 20% of americans watch it......but there's just so many of them!

You sure?
That's like 60 million Americans
Quote by Cianyx
You sure?
That's like 60 million Americans

oh well.......in that case..if 20% is 60 million....then its probably less lol

but think theres only like 22 million australians......

so i would say that easily more americans watch it....

its just like autralians watching the NBA on foxtel or whatever
Lol at Port coming 7th.

All Victorian top 8 this year

Geelong
Hawthorn
Bulldogs (supported club)
Collingwood
St Kilda
Carlton
Kangaroos
Richmond
Go the Roos! We could finish anywhere from top 4 to 14th! The enigma of the AFL.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
reak men play nrl

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Quote by Callo
reak men play nrl

Really? I didnt know real men pass backwards to go forwards....
Go the Roos! We could finish anywhere from top 4 to 14th! The enigma of the AFL.

HA yes GO NORTH!
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by slashedaxl103
Lol at Port coming 7th.

All Victorian top 8 this year

Geelong
Hawthorn
Bulldogs (supported club)
Collingwood
St Kilda
Carlton
Kangaroos
Richmond

Lol at St Kilda coming 5th, and i dont think Bulldogs can finish 3rd maybe 4th-6th If theyre lucky
[quote="'Sydal *[LFPE"]*']HA yes GO NORTH!

Lol for all you know this could be North Melbourne's last year in the AFL :P, i doubt it though, They're my second fave team :P
Quote by Corey_Bowering
Really? I didnt know real men pass backwards to go forwards....

Oh you missed... we will give him one point cause he tried really really hard

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

North are such underdogs. It's weird. They are also poor. Very very poor. It would be ridiculously sad if they went under.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by Callo
Oh you missed... we will give him one point cause he tried really really hard

Its to reduce the likelyhood of a draw........ We dont want every teams score being a multiple of 6

*Checks NRL scores* WHOA 25 - 20 what a high scoring game
Quote by Corey_Bowering
Its to reduce the likelyhood of a draw........ We dont want every teams score being a multiple of 6

*Checks NRL scores* WHOA 25 - 20 what a high scoring game

yeah NRL blows

boring to watch

thats why its on tv on like a wednesday night
Page 1 of 4