so before you say it, yes I have already taped off the frets and sanded with the finest grit steel wool. Rust went away but fret buzz always has been there around the 15th fret and up.

but...rust is starting to come back.
got a RG 120 for my standard E guitar, and I am sure you might say well there is your problem right there. I don't ever play with wet hands, guitar is not stored in an extreme cold environment as I live in cali, and cleaned the finger board with dunlop cleaner.
Don't play it that much as I am usually playing my schecter in drop c. But now I am realizing that I need to play more in E, so since the schecter has a floyd I need to get this RG going.

anyway is it just a crappy neck or what? Was my first guitar so when bought used (at guitar center lol) had rust.
Well you may need a refret. The lower-end RGs are usually made with cheaper, mixed metals that wear faster and are softer. I'm not sure about the frets and hardware but i know the bridge is so it's a possibility that the frets are cheaper as well.
thats what I thought, prolly just going to get a new neck from warmoth.
with some locking tuners!
I'm not sure if warmoth makes necks that are compatible with ibanez neck pockets... I'd rather get a refret. You can take it to a tech. It'd be cheaper than a whole new neck too, which is pointless when the neck costs as much as the guitar.
Do you mean tarnish or rust? Also it could be a buildup of grime/grease from the strings or your hands, where is the 'rust' located on a typical fret?

As far as the fret buzz, how high is your action? Also the bolts holding on the neck could be loose, a lot of Ibanez's I've worked on had this problem. Another possibility is the truss rod or a bad nut workmanship.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
yea i was wondering that, didn't see anything on their site about it.
but yea I wanna put money into this thing and make it custom, i don't care that it only cost $150. I want an ebony fingerboard, new pups, redo the wiring, locking tuners, tremlo-no.
you know after writing all that out maybe I should just look for a new guitar lol!
Yeah... the new neck may cost $200+ if you order it with all the specs like the Wizard 2 profile and stuff. The pickups could cost $70-$250 depending on what you get. Wiring would be cheap if you did it yourself. Locking tuners would run about $40 or more depending on what you get and where you get it. Tremol-nos are $55. So basically you're looking into putting as much as $500+ into a $150 guitar.
posted before I saw your reply flux'd

definitely rust, starting to form on the upper frets on the side of the frets. The action of the trem is fine perfectly level. Will check the bolts holding the neck and the truss rod tomorrow thanks for the advice.
haha I meant the action of the strings in comparison to the neck. The action of a guitar refers to the height of the strings (usually at the 12th) to the top of the frets. It's a common thing for bolt-on's to have a neck bowing upwards due to string tension and loose neck bolts.

Is the sides of the neck pocket cracked? A lot of bolt-ons have small cracks forming in this area. If you can visualize looking at the neck pocket from the headstock, it would look like a box without a top. In the corners of this 'box' is where the cracks form
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
pwned haha
yea comparing to my schecter the strings are raised up a little higher, maybe 2 mm.
i don't see any cracks in the neck joint.
perhaps the neck bolts are loose/truss rod
i'll have to check the neck bolts tomorrow when my roommate comes home with his tools