Alright so I've tried to do my research before posting this thread but I can't find ANYTHING on how Gibson routes the wire channels on firebirds. I'm building one, but I can't find pictures anywhere or even descriptions of what they do. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe if someone who owns a firebird could take off their pickguard and see if they just routed a channel underneath it, or if its something more complex? Really stumped on the best method to use.
ya ive seen that pic before, its about as close as ive come to an answer. and no i havent asked the internet until now, this is kinda my source for guitar related info, so i thought i would try here first.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Have you asked on the internet?

This is a good idea.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
k what do you mean "the internet"? technically UG is the internet so im asking you :P
I searched google for a couple of hours, i searched UG over a couple of times. I didn't even try to search the archive because that thing is a BEAST. I don't know where else to ask other than GB&C.
Quote by RIP_bonham
k what do you mean "the internet"? technically UG is the internet so im asking you :P

Haha that's the joke. Posting in this forum = asking the Internet.

Seriously, if you are building the guitar just do what is best and what is easiest. You don't need to do exactly what Gibson does.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
oh man i need to go to bed if i cant get that :P
ya i know i should just do whatever i want, but i thought it would be interesting to see what gibson does, it may give me some ideas.
anybody on here own a firebird or know of someone on here who does?
Is this it?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
I can tell you what I would do, but I don't know if it will help at this point. This may or may not have anything to do with what Gibson does but I feel that its the best way.

Before you attach the wings to the neck-thru section, you can rout a narrow channel down the side of the core, where you will glue the wings on. From there you can drill in sideways to get to all of your cavities without having to tear up the top of your guitar like that Warmoth. Once that's all set, glue it up and rout out your pickup and control cavities. Act surprised when you find the network of wiring channels waiting for you
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
oh man that is a good idea, its too bad ive already built the body XD
if only i had known that 6 months ago XD

so ya theres warmoth's idea, which wouldn't be that big a deal because i already have to route out a big hole for the switch underneath the pickguard, but the theres also the idea of just drilling holes between cavities.
im also confused about the orientation of my neck pickup but ill save that for my build thread.