Is it true that Poison uses studio musicians for CC's guitar when recording?
Why would they need to? The guitar parts are no more intricate on CD than he plays live.
I have no clue as far as actual facts...but I would guess not. CC does fine live, he's actually quite technically proficient. I've heard people bash him tons, people have called him "the worst guitarist." But I don't think it's because he's bad, I think people just don't like his sound because it's really not too original.
Where is Dirk Lance?
I believe CC is excellent at improvising and he seems to know his way around a neck. He was classically trained. I've heard that CC actually played the some of the solos on Warrant's first albuum Dirty Rotten....because those guys couldn't write ****. I've seen some early Warrant live right when they got signed and truthfully, they sucked. So that may be true. Just look up poison live raw & uncut 2008 on youtube and watch him rip. His style and energy is like no other.
80's glamrocker & proud of it!
-Gear-
Ibanez - (2) RG560's, Ibanez X & RBM1
Ovation Acoustic/Electric Cutaway
Marshall AVT100 (practice amp)
Marshall Haze 40
Zakk Wylde Wah, EVH Phase90, Xotic BB Preamp, Black Label Chorus
Quote by loaded6string
I believe CC is excellent at improvising and he seems to know his way around a neck. He was classically trained. I've heard that CC actually played the some of the solos on Warrant's first albuum Dirty Rotten....because those guys couldn't write ****. I've seen some early Warrant live right when they got signed and truthfully, they sucked. So that may be true. Just look up poison live raw & uncut 2008 on youtube and watch him rip. His style and energy is like no other.

i may have to check that out. i stopped listening to CC after the first album - unfortunately my soloing will touch a bit on those old school riffs, along with a little pussycat - however, that being said, i never have read "improvising" and "CC DeVille" in the same sentence (paragraph, whatever).
I'm just saying sometimes he just plays what he wants throughout the songs live. Doesn't stick to what might be on the CD...whether it's rhythm or lead. Thats all I'm saying. I used to think he wasn't all that also, but now that I'm older and I see them playing live I actually really like CCs playing.
80's glamrocker & proud of it!
-Gear-
Ibanez - (2) RG560's, Ibanez X & RBM1
Ovation Acoustic/Electric Cutaway
Marshall AVT100 (practice amp)
Marshall Haze 40
Zakk Wylde Wah, EVH Phase90, Xotic BB Preamp, Black Label Chorus
Quote by DirkLance
I have no clue as far as actual facts...but I would guess not. CC does fine live, he's actually quite technically proficient. I've heard people bash him tons, people have called him "the worst guitarist." But I don't think it's because he's bad, I think people just don't like his sound because it's really not too original.

He's a lot better now. Before he'd be so high he'd suck ass...
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Quote by ToalNOOB
He's a lot better now. Before he'd be so high he'd suck ass...

That's the reason a lot of great guitarists suck live.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I've heard that CC actually played the some of the solos on Warrant's first albuum Dirty Rotten....because those guys couldn't write ****.

Stevie Salas played the solos on the Warrent album.

The reason people always bash CC is this...HE SUCKS
There's my way and the wrong way.
CC is fantastic, seen him live and anyone who says otherwise has no clue.
Sounds like? - "A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN WHAT YOU"RE LISTENING TO ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW!"
- Steel Panther
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
There's my way and the wrong way.