I bought a used ESP from guitar center today, and it has some fret buzz on a few frets, nothing too extreme..annoying at best. I don't want to mess with the guitar and damage it, I'd rather get it set up. How much would this cost, and what is done? I think it's the action, its really friggin low, but I don't want to screw around with adjusting it. Would it be any higher if it was raised? I love how it plays now as low as it is, but if it eliminates the buzz I'll have it raised up a bit. Could the tech pinpoint the reason it's buzzing and fixing just that?

Also, anybody buy a used guitar from GC with the repair warranty? Apparently you get free unlimited repairs, does this include a set up or no?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
The tech could help you indeed. Maybe it's your neck that needs some adjusting, but more likely it's your bridge that is set too low. You'll probably get a higher action to eliminate the fret buzz, but not that much higher.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
No I am not a beginner, I've been playing for a few years. Never had much problems with guitars till lately and I'm always too damn scare to **** with them.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
The buzzing would be from the strings being extremely low. Otherwise, it's probably to do with the trussrod of your guitar.
A more serious scenarios would be a warped neck, which is virtually unfixable (you can compensate for it somewhat by filing the frets).
let us know how it goes..
If its just the action, it can't cost much - it'll only take a couple of mins. If its more serious it should be covered by the warranty I reckon - or at least you could argue the point. If you do take it to the shop see if they'll let you watch - its pretty simple to raise/lower the action, and if you get to see it done you might have the confidence to do it yourself next time.

If you've been playing for a while...do you by any chance have a cheapie beginner guitar from your early days lying around? If ya do, use it as practice - play around with the setup on it, strip it down and put it back together again, see how it all works...will give you a lot more confidence when you need to do anything to your current baby.