I made a mistake that I no longer
Can accept to live

Theres more then faces behind the masks
Blood will flow like wine from casks

This is the masquerade
So get lost before you go insane
This is the masquerade
Soon my pride will be my shame

simple... repetitive.... but sounds good with this nice little acoustic rhythm my friend came up with.
Jennifer Warnes said that you once told her that the most particular answer is the most universal one.

I think so. I think that’s advice that a lot of good writers have given me and the world. You don’t really want to say "the tree," you want to say "the sycamore."

Why is that?

I don’t know. And it’s not even true. But there is a certain truth to it. We seem to be able to relate to detail. We seem to have an appetite for it. It seems that your days are made of details, and if you can’t get the sense of another person’s day of details, your own day of details is summoned in your mind in some way rather than just a general line like "the days went by." It’s better to say "watching Captain Kangaroo." Not "watching TV." Sitting in my room "with that hopeless little screen." Not just TV, but the hopeless, little screen.

I think those are the details that delight us. They delight us because we can share a life then. It’s our sense of insignificance and isolation that produces a great deal of suffering.

That's from an interview with Leonard Cohen. It illustrates the problem I have with the lyrics you posted - they lack substance. There's no description or detail. I read it and have no idea what it's about. Well, it's about a charade. That's all I got.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Yeah, its not really supposed to be meaningful, its just catchy when sang how it supposed to be... if i can ever get my other hardrive to boot ill post some of my more meaningful stuff