Any of you work in the summer? I worked at a visitor center the past couple summers and every other weekend but I can't stand sitting inside dealing with 1000 people a day for minimum wage anymore so I'm gonna get a job clearing and maintaining trails with parks and rec this summer.
I wish. I can't find a job since I finished school. I can't get one at some places because they prefer younger people, but I'm not old enough to work in pubs and clubs because I'm not 18. 17 is the worst age.
i cant wait till this summer when i can drive and get a job, im planning on working in a local grocery store. Having a job is going to be great, bc with every paycheck im going to spend atleast 75% of it on guitar gear
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
I don't have a summer job.

I have a job job.

In fact, I usually try to take summers off if I can afford to.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I wish. I can't find a job since I finished school. I can't get one at some places because they prefer younger people, but I'm not old enough to work in pubs and clubs because I'm not 18. 17 is the worst age.

Macca's is pretty desperate
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I joined a street team last summer to get the free merch and concert tickets, but it was totally not worth it. My friends were going to gigs and partying etc. while I was stuck standing outside gigs that I really wanted to go to, handing people flyers.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
I have a job now, and I will this summer too yes, and next fall, and next winter...

Get a job.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
i have a lot of experience and good recommendations in the restaurant business so i usually work at one or two different restaurants during the summer.
I work as a cleaner at my school 3 nights a week, and in the summer we work 2-3 days a week 9-hour shifts of painting and buffing floors and stuff.

The money is gooood.
don't let the forest grow over the path you came here by
Quote by fretsonfire74

completely agree

i hate being 17!

also doesnt help that theres actually no jobs going

Good luck guys.
The recession will make finding jobs much harder - especially when a ton of people are now unemployed - you'll be in competition with much more people (and probably older, more experienced workers who employers will take over some kid).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I had the manliest summer job ever when I was 20, I weighed 50-ton trucks for a living.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I tried to get my first job this summer, but I didn't. I think it's because I asked if I'd get to take home all the food we didn't sell. Apparently that's bad, but whatever. The woman hiring wears skin-cloloured pants that make it look like she's not wearing anything, anyway.
XIAOXI
I worked in a Balloon shop last summer, it was amazing.
Summer before that I worked in Virgin, that was quite a nice job too.
Summer before that I worked in a restaurant, the tips were amazing, I was rich.

This summer I'm going to be a grown up.. so I may just get a real job.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last summer at worked at a supermarket. I quit for school, but now that I dropped my courses, I just got a new job. I plan on keeping it until I move to Toronto in August and take school there.
In April I'm gna apply to be a councler at a suummer camp. So far I went to the camp as a camper, hopefully this year I get to be assistant councler for a week (like a practice councler, I still get paid though) and then be a "Full" councler.

I also plan on working in my dad's office.
I got the best summer job, teaching in a school on an island in Thailand! 5 hours, 5 days a week volunteering. Which I've just realised means it isnt a job... Still its pretty cool.
I work in construction during the summer. I'm a health and safety manager but lots of my job spills over into project management.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Simsimius
Good luck guys.
The recession will make finding jobs much harder - especially when a ton of people are now unemployed - you'll be in competition with much more people (and probably older, more experienced workers who employers will take over some kid).

The recession didn't really hit up in Alaska very hard. The falling gas prices are hurting us more than anything, but we're still having (slow) job growth and are generally pretty healthy.
Quote by Say Ocean
The recession didn't really hit up in Alaska very hard. The falling gas prices are hurting us more than anything, but we're still having (slow) job growth and are generally pretty healthy.

Lucky you!

Everyone else though will have difficulty IMO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Tony83
If you guys are interested, you make extra money online doing surveys. I know some good sites that are free to join and for age 13 and up.
Check my website for info and Proof of Payments

*site*

GTFO
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Jan 26, 2009,
Well I don't know what lame-ass jobs you guys will be doing but I'm gonna open my own orange stand, yessir.