Hey all,

Im planning on building myself a doublneck guitar sometime soon, and im trying to find blueprints to base my design off. If anyone has any blueprints or know where i could get some (preferably for free) could they please post here.

Thanks,
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
uhh the ultimate template thread (I think thats a thread or was it the free template thread....uhduno) is always an option and then just take two guitar bodys that you chose and tape them together.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Yeah, similar to the EDS1275, however i'm trying to find some dimensions to work with, i want to make it to a size that will be comfortable for my body.

Cheers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
hate to break it to you, but you really can't make that much smaller.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I know what you mean, i phrased that wrongly, i mean things like the body contours, i want to rout them out to fit my body, and put in larger cutaways.

cheers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Why not draw up some plans using existing pictures as something to work with.

For example, find a model of twin neck SG. Then, work out a sketch, using similar dimensions, and work out using a normal guitar where the contours should be.

It's not a quick thing, but in a couple of hours, you could come up with Blueprints better than what somebody can design for you. After all, if you just look for blueprints, how do you know the contours will fit you?

The only way you can ensure it is to do it yourself.

Have a crack at doing it, see if you think it's plausible - heck, even post your blueprints here, and people with more knowledge on the subject will be happy to guide you to exactly what you need
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Dude, i built a double neck from 2 pre-existing guitars. what i suggest you do, is you basically print out the same body design twice, then sort of lay them on top of eachother, and trace the overlaying section, then cut and tape the 2 designs together to get the body style. of course im assuming you are going to have a 12 string on top, so print out a 12 string electric guitar design.
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Dude....make a double-neck Tele! How sick would that be?!?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Really?

Oh wait....I remember that now.....

Sorry. I forgot all about that. It was the half solidbody, half semi-hollow, right?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Yeah, similar to the EDS1275, however i'm trying to find some dimensions to work with, i want to make it to a size that will be comfortable for my body.

Cheers

Here's a 2d-drawing according to which I built my Gibson EDS1275 copy, and also a photo how it ended up. I had the same problem as you of not having the dimensions. So I scaled the dimensions from various photographs, draw a 3D model out of it to do all the fine tuning and eventually this came out. It's not exact but its outline should be very close to the original measurements. Don't make any drillings or other routings than the outline just by the measurements without actually double checking them with the necks installed. Especially the neck pickup cavities are too far back in the drawing when compared to the original. I had to do this because my necks have 22 frets instead of original 20 and thus a longer fretboard.
Attachments:
EDS1275_2d_drawing.pdf
Img_0428_.jpg
Img_0433_.jpg
Last edited by timppis at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by timppis
Here's a 2d-drawing according to which I built my Gibson EDS1275 copy, and also a photo how it ended up. I had the same problem as you of not having the dimensions. So I scaled the dimensions from various photographs, draw a 3D model out of it to do all the fine tuning and eventually this came out. It's not exact but its outline should be very close to the original measurements. Don't make any drillings or other routings than the outline just by the measurements without actually double checking them with the necks installed. Especially the neck pickup cavities are too far back in the drawing when compared to the original. I had to do this because my necks have 22 frets instead of original 20 and thus a longer fretboard.

Thanks for that, its excellent. I assume the measurements are in inches?? Being an Aussie i'm not that flash hot with the imperial system.

Cheers
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Thanks for that, its excellent. I assume the measurements are in inches?? Being an Aussie i'm not that flash hot with the imperial system.

Cheers

No no, they are in millimeters. I'm a Finn and I think the imperial system is an invention of Belsebub
Excellent, thank you very much, I too agree that the imperial system is the invention of beelzebub, more plane crashes are caused by the use of it than anything else. lol
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass