i need help on my pickup
i connect a emg 89 and a blackout together.And i have 1 volume with a 3 way switch

in the begin it was working but now, all i hear is when i increase the volume i hear
static why

can anybody help me?
Blown volume pot. Don't EMG's come with Pot's etc?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
that makes no sense what so ever, i dont think you have the right value pot though you need a 25k one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
that makes no sense what so ever, i dont think you have the right value pot though you need a 25k one

Umm... times that by ten. You'll want 500k for singles and 250k for 'buckers, just a rule of thumb.

Crackling as you turn any pot doesn't mean it's blown, just means it's a dirty. Usually a quick spray of DW-40 can sort out trouble pots. If not then yes, spend a few quid on a replacement.

- Rich
Yeah dude check your pots out. Being that it is probably the majority of your problem
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
it's a new pot only a few day old,I'm using a 25k pot
how can i check if the pot is blown?
Quote by Dookie_1988
Umm... times that by ten. You'll want 500k for singles and 250k for 'buckers, just a rule of thumb.

Then divide it by 10. Its active pickups they use 25k pots.

How old are the pots?
It may also be faulty wiring
Quote by guitarcam123
Then divide it by 10. Its active pickups they use 25k pots.

How old are the pots?
It may also be faulty wiring

Yupp!

You use 25K for actives, regardless of humbucker or single... do they make active singles?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yes, EMG has the S and SA, plus the H and HA which is the S and SA (single coils) in a humbucker housing. EMG has loads of other active SC's
^ did you check the value of the pots?

Quote by Dookie_1988

Crackling as you turn any pot doesn't mean it's blown, just means it's a dirty. Usually a quick spray of DW-40 can sort out trouble pots. If not then yes, spend a few quid on a replacement.

- Rich

^ dont listen to him he dosent have a clue, first he says wrong pot (lol at guitarcams ownage)

then he says spray wd 40 in pots, well that will **** them up completly, WD40 is a wax based insulator and will add to the resistance between contacts & the wiper/track interface in pots. Use a good quality contact cleaner.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Last edited by rancidryan at Jan 27, 2009,
WD-40 is petroleum base, not wax, doesn't even have a trace of wax in it, and is fine for pots. If you're going to get immature and picky at least know your facts, and calm the emoticon usage.

As for my comment regarding the pot values, I had skim read the initial post and did catch on that they were actives being discussed, so apologies there. My bad.

I just wish one day UG would go back to having adults using the forums with a sense of decency. Would be the forum it once was.

- Rich