Okay, I'm buying a telecaster and ... customizing it to personal preferances; make my dream guitar and all that jazz!

So, I like punk and despite what has been advised, I'm gonna buy a telecaster; I love them!

Question 1: Can Telecasters fit Seymour Duncan P90s or any other P90?
Question 2: What other pickups would be good for telecasters, both bridge and neck?
Question 3: Are Telecasters lightweight? If not, is the "Lite Ash" version, assuming it is lighter, any good?
Question 4: Is it possible to change the neck to a Stratocaster neck?

Off-topic Question: What cabinet should I buy for my new Peavey Windsor head?
Can't really help with the Tele questions, but how much you got to spend on the cabinet?
Question #1 - Yes, for the neck you just need to route. The bridge pickup would be a bit harder, though.
Question #2 - Minibuckers? Try store.guitarfetish.com
Question #3 - All depends on what you call lightweight. They aren't les pauls, but they definitely aren't SG's.
Question #4 - Yes, but you might need to do something about the neck pocket for sizing. Also, bridge + 12th fret + nut might be off...
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Question #1 - Yes, for the neck you just need to route. The bridge pickup would be a bit harder, though.
Question #2 - Minibuckers? Try store.guitarfetish.com
Question #3 - All depends on what you call lightweight. They aren't les pauls, but they definitely aren't SG's.
Question #4 - Yes, but you might need to do something about the neck pocket for sizing. Also, bridge + 12th fret + nut might be off...

ah ... i wanted it in the bridge XD ... do you reckon they are same/lighter than les paul juniors? and i think i'll get my dad to swap the necks about

thanks a lot

Quote by Horlicks
Can't really help with the Tele questions, but how much you got to spend on the cabinet?

only 200 pounds
cool.. ive always wanted a telecaster with a strat neck. im guessing its just too wide right? thats the only thing keeping me from a tele. if i knew that was possible i woulda done it right away.
I don't think Avatar is available in the UK.
I personally would get a cheaper 2x12 and some great speakers. I think Framus make a cheap one, as do Laney.
For speakers I would look at
Celestion V30, G12K-100, G12H.
Eminence Texas Heat, Private Jack.
Quote by luislasports
cool.. ive always wanted a telecaster with a strat neck. im guessing its just too wide right? thats the only thing keeping me from a tele. if i knew that was possible i woulda done it right away.

this is possible, it just needs to be cut up slightly.

Quote by AcousticLesPaul
You could get an Avatar Cab?

oh right
Sorry, but every time someone talks about modding tele pickups I automatically think of this thread.

Is it a custom shop Tele, or are you modding it yourself? I don't see why you couldn't but I'm not an expert on mods.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
If you want good speakers, look no further than Red Fangs. I have them in my Avatar cab right now!

Good speakers, but I don't really see them in a Punk setting. I always thought they were good for Zepp and the like.
Quote by Horlicks
Good speakers, but I don't really see them in a Punk setting. I always thought they were good for Zepp and the like.

Punk? Punk can be done with just about anything. Same with Grunge; at least, imo. They have the capability of doing Punk without fiddling with them, or EQ them out and then it will pump out the punk.
Grunge is punk with fuzz pedals.

This coming from someone who loves both genres more than almost any others.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Punk? Punk can be done with just about anything. Same with Grunge; at least, imo. They have the capability of doing Punk without fiddling with them, or EQ them out and then it will pump out the punk.

punk and grunge are very similar genres, and you're right: punk can basically be found on any amp if you EQ it right