Is there anyone here on the oil rigs? My mums boyfriend just went offshore and said its ok, he had a trade as a joiner. Can you get offshore without any trades or experiance at 17 after leaving school??
Quote by Sacrebleu!
Why don't you ask your mum's boyfriend? (He is also your cousin)
Your friends must find you hilarious
yeh, ask your cousin
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
If you like your hand it's a great job, otherwise you might want to stay on land.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I loved it out there. I worked for 2 years before I got hurt. I dislocated the hell out of my shoulder. It was 12 hours before I could even get off the rig due to storms that the helicopters couldn't get around. Once I got on land it was another 12 hours before it got put back into place because the hospital was so busy. This happened in March of 2008, and I couldn't get a surgery until the end of June because the company claimed some kind of pre-existing injury bull****. I'm still not 100% recovered from the surgery, and I have a wicked 7 inch scar on my shoulder because of it. I was also hit it the face with a 2 inch thick steel rope, but that was a totally separate incident.
Really it's a great job, and I loved it in spite of the dangers. You've got to work your ass off every day of the two weeks you're out there, and be willing to take some **** from the old guys who have been out there for 20 or 30 years. It's definitely not for everyone, but if you can handle it it is a great job.
Quote by domino_92
There has got to be a way to twist this around...

Is there really a need?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
When the zombie apocalypse comes round, you'll be in one of the safest places on the planet, so it definitely has its advantages.
He just started and doesnt kno anythin about workin there for a long time.,
all i can say is, be prepared for NASA to ask you to launch into space to land on an asteroid with a nuclear warhead.
My uncle works on them. He's always away but they're minted, not that that makes up for it, but meh.
X
Quote by daytripper75
all i can say is, be prepared for NASA to ask you to launch into space to land on an asteroid with a nuclear warhead.

Damn right.

Teaching oil riggers how to pilot spaecships is one thing, but ****... imagine tryin to teach astronauts how to drill?

Jesus it's unthinkable.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
my dad works on an offshore oil rig, im trying to get in aswell, he makes an absolute killing $$ wise, but you do work your ass off for it, 12hr days ,7 days a week for an entire month, then two weeks off, but theirs also alot of downtime where there's nothin to do.
Quote by Xpertie
Is there anyone here on the oil rigs? My mums boyfriend just went offshore and said its ok, he had a trade as a joiner. Can you get offshore without any trades or experiance at 17 after leaving school??

with no trade experiences , chances are pretty slim unless you know someone that has some pull and can get you in ..idk what tickets you need in the UK but here you need to pass a medical, have your HEWITT ticket, basic rigger and dogman tickets for you to at least have a chance.