Obama's nonbeliever remark didn't bother me
32 60%
I believe in a higher power
4 8%
I do not believe in a higher power
16 30%
Voters: 53.
Hey everyone,

I just read that other thread and the article about obama nonbeliever stuff and I wanna know how that is on UG so I made the same poll here. Let's see what everyone thinks about it here.

edit: damn messed it up
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jan 25, 2009,
Poll?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
You might want to try again, those are not all mutually exclusive.

edit: ah yea, you figured.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Do we REALLY need another thread on this issue?

For this threads sake, Obama's non believer remark did not bother me at all.
dude we don't care.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Australia!!

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
Its offensive to non believers for people to get offended over obama mentioning them tbh.
Whilst I am agnostic, and thus believe in SOME form of higher power, the world could do with someone in a position of power who doesn't asnwer to anyone morally.

Gets **** done.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
I don't understand what the controversy is about. Some people seem to feel that America's national identity is being challenged - comments saying that Obama is trying to redefine the national identity away from one that is strongly Christian are wrong. The words Obama used acknowledge that there are Americans who are atheists (and Jews, and Muslims and Hindus) which is stone cold fact - there are American citizens who are those things. His choice of words;

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and nonbelievers."

Doesn't go at all beyond what I've said, and doesn't have anything to do with saying that the nation itself is not fundamentally Christian. Only that some people in it aren't Christian (again, Fact.)

It's all much ado about nothing.

As an aside, I don't think it would be a bad thing for Obama to shift America's identity away from being so strongly associated with the Christian right. Extensive bible-thumping and too much religion mixed into the government is one of the things that sometimes makes America seem socially backwards. That's just my opinion, though.

I am an atheist, and obviously wasn't bothered by his remark.
*reported*
No need for another thread on this and the poll is crap anyway.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by HammettHead
Whilst I am agnostic, and thus believe in SOME form of higher power, the world could do with someone in a position of power who doesn't asnwer to anyone morally.

Gets **** done.

wut?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
wut?

He's an agnostic theist.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
He's an agnostic theist.

I'd go for just theist.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'd go for just theist.

Possibly, but he did say he was an agnostic.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.