I currently have an Ibanez GRG170DX which is pretty crappy, I can't afford new!!!

Anyway, the floating, non locking bridge causes it to go out of tune quite easily when bending (although it doesn't always happen which is odd). I have all 5 springs in the back, it's screwed in as far as it will go and it appears to be touching the wood; therefore one side of the bridge is dropped, the other being stuck at about 1mm off the body.

Would it be more stable to remove 2 springs and block the trem with a wood block?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
If you don't use it just block it off,it isn't worth the hassle and to me,5 springs feels like ****.

Also, +1 for the O&A sig

FRRRRRRUUUNNNKIIISSSSS!

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
If you don't use it just block it off,it isn't worth the hassle and to me,5 springs feels like ****.

Also, +1 for the O&A sig

FRRRRRRUUUNNNKIIISSSSS!

I'll give it a shot if it makes a physical difference

And yeah, linger longer
(Jimmy is the funniest guy alive!!!)
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by Pr0gNut

Also, +1 for the O&A sig

FRRRRRRUUUNNNKIIISSSSS!

Don't block it off. Set it up properly.

It should not be screwed all the way into the wood of the guitar. unscrew it to half, don't tune your guitar so high. Pull the strings at the 12th to rid of slack in the strings and lock it down. if you have the correct tension on the trem, it will float flush with the body of the guitar. Blocking a trem off shows that you dont know what you are doing.
- Kramer Stagemaster
- Kramer Pacer Custom 1
- Ibanez USA Custom EW
- Jackson SlatQH Soloist
- Martin D-41
- Breedlove artist
- Marshal JVM410 w/1960a 4x12
- PodXT live
Quote by _Kramer_

It should not be screwed all the way into the wood of the guitar. unscrew it to half, don't tune your guitar so high. Pull the strings at the 12th to rid of slack in the strings and lock it down. if you have the correct tension on the trem, it will float flush with the body of the guitar. Blocking a trem off shows that you dont know what you are doing.

If he doesn't use it,and it's becoming a hassle,why not block it off? It's a perfectly legitimate solution to the problem.If he's having problems with it detuning while playing and it doesn't have a locking nut then it makes sense to block it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

use the block of wood to block it
and the 5 springs for it to be completely stable
doing this will increase your sustain a little bit
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by _Kramer_

Pr0g is right, I never use it because it does NOT hold tuning, it's not designed for whammy usage.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer