The 6505+ CAN get a decent clean tone, but it's not what its made for.

I haven't heard much about the Spidervalve myself, so I'm going to remain unbiased and say I don't know. But personally, if you play metal, the 6505+ is the way forward.
I'm thinking of getting one when it comes out,I use a JSX combo right now and it's a great jack-of-all-trades amp,but I want another that can get really heavy.I'm just wondering if I should get the 6505+ or shell out a bit more for a used 6505 2x12 or a 5150.

My experiences with a spidervalve lead me to believe it's a meh amp,I'd sell it just on the principal that I didn't care for the sound it brought to the table.You can get a clean out of the 6505,you just have to put more effort into your EQing and effects.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yeah i'm pretty sure im going to do this, i just hope the peavey comes out soon, i hate waiting. How much do you guys think i could get for the spidervalve? or do you think i could just trade it in right there for the 6506+? its in mint condition.
Quote by stratdud39
yeah i'm pretty sure im going to do this, i just hope the peavey comes out soon, i hate waiting. How much do you guys think i could get for the spidervalve? or do you think i could just trade it in right there for the 6506+? its in mint condition.

You might just be able to trade it straight up,and if not it should only cost a bit of cash after the trade.Peavey's site said that the 6505+ comes out in "Q2" of '09,which I think means quarter 2,so I'm gonna make a wild guess and say these should be available by spring.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You might just be able to trade it straight up,and if not it should only cost a bit of cash after the trade.Peavey's site said that the 6505+ comes out in "Q2" of '09,which I think means quarter 2,so I'm gonna make a wild guess and say these should be available by spring.

waiting till spring seems worth it, its not even that far away. I just have to make sure the line 6 doesnt get hurt, and i think im going to save up my money if i cant do i straight up trade. Or sell it on ebay.
Quote by stratdud39
waiting till spring seems worth it, its not even that far away. I just have to make sure the line 6 doesnt get hurt, and i think im going to save up my money if i cant do i straight up trade. Or sell it on ebay.

I'd go for it,like I said earlier,something about tubes and modeling just did not sound right to my ears.I've played a few line 6 amps and I just don't hear the sound that people rave about.Just be sure to play the 6505+ and give it a good workout to make sure it sounds better than the SV.I'm going to test it out a lot to see if it's worth it to get the 6505+ or spend a couple hundred more to get a used 5150 or 6505 2x12.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'd go for it,like I said earlier,something about tubes and modeling just did not sound right to my ears.I've played a few line 6 amps and I just don't hear the sound that people rave about.Just be sure to play the 6505+ and give it a good workout to make sure it sounds better than the SV.I'm going to test it out a lot to see if it's worth it to get the 6505+ or spend a couple hundred more to get a used 5150 or 6505 2x12.

yeah, i agree
Quote by stratdud39
yeah, i agree

It's a tough choice.The 6505+ is pretty cheap compared to the other 6505 combo,so there has to be more of a difference than just wattage and the number of speakers in my mind.I just hope it sounds good,because even though it's new for a good price,a bit more change can net you something like this:

6505 combo w/ vintage 30's

i'm probaly getting it i mean it's the price of the bugera copy
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
so the 6505+ is gunna be $500, thats bout $1,200 in australia. mad! -.-
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm going to test it out a lot to see if it's worth it to get the 6505+ or spend a couple hundred more to get a used 5150 or 6505 2x12.

You shouldn't need to save up any. I got my 5150 212 for $500.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Pr0gNut
It's a tough choice.The 6505+ is pretty cheap compared to the other 6505 combo,so there has to be more of a difference than just wattage and the number of speakers in my mind.I just hope it sounds good,because even though it's new for a good price,a bit more change can net you something like this:

6505 combo w/ vintage 30's

yeah, i'll have to play them all out
Quote by Soul Eater
You shouldn't need to save up any. I got my 5150 212 for $500.

Oh yeah,I forgot that those can be had for pretty cheap now.The used market is great for amps since as long as they function properly,who cares about some rips in the tolex and what not.