Hi guys,

It's my brother's birthday soon and I want to get him a good present since I missed so many of his birthdays. He started playing guitar and then he moved to the US ( I'm from Singapore ) to study so he left his guitar in Singapore and now it's missing so anyway , I'm want to get him something good this year.

He is like me , a beginner but he hasn't played for a few years. He is really busy so he doesn't want me to get him something too expensive because he might probably only be playing during the summer holidays. I could spend up to about 600 USD hopefully with amp as long as it's good. So anyway we discussed about it and so I think we want a fixed bridge , 24fret if possible , decent wood , 6 string strat body with hopefully flamed maple top. He doesn't really know what he wants though so he is open to anything. He said as long as he can pick it up and practice without it breaking apart the next day its probably good.

He likes a variety of different music genres but I think he intends to play metal on the guitar to start with. I have a Ibanez Rg321 so I don't think we want the same thing.

So anyways , could you guys help me out by giving me some ideas to what amps and guitar we can look at for practicing and playing for fun at home?

Thanks for reading guys! Happy New Year.
**** him, get him an RG321.

it wont break, and its very versitile. (and semi-cheap)

they have new ones out now i tihnk, a 421 or something.

i recon its definately the way to go though. maybe get him a diff finish or something.
*Enter Sig Here*
Ibanez makes several fixed bridge,24 fret,maple top guitars for a good price.The RG3ex1 just dropped down to 300 USD new and it's a pretty solid guitar for the price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

well if this is strictly practice and you are looking for an amp and a guitar roland cubes or the peavey vypr 15 or 30 watts , and i think an ibanez rg3exfm1 fits the bill though im no expert on ibanez
Quote by Pr0gNut
Ibanez makes several fixed bridge,24 fret,maple top guitars for a good price.The RG3ex1 just dropped down to 300 USD new and it's a pretty solid guitar for the price.

I looked at this , it looks really nice. Why is it I don't see it on the Ibanez site though? Where can I get it?

Why is it pleasing to hear that I'm from Singapore?
Quote by Johntubb
I looked at this , it looks really nice. Why is it I don't see it on the Ibanez site though? Where can I get it?

Why is it pleasing to hear that I'm from Singapore?

They may have discontinued it,so they only ones left are the old '08 stock that is still around.You can try musicians friend,if your brother lives in the US you can have them ship it right to his door.If that doesn't work,you can try a local shop or an online dealer that ships internationally.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.