Hey,
Basic i've got an A level performance exam coming up. And im looking for a solo Jazz piece to do as part of performance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Trust in me and fall aswell.
is that like, a school thing or a uni thing?

and does it have to be jazz?
*Enter Sig Here*
No it does not have to be Jazz. I am playing an acoustic blues composition and a classical composition and i thought a Jazz piece would be a nice thing to play as it links in with one of our areas of study. I am open to other suggestions as long as they can be played with just a guitar (no backing track) and aslong as they are not blues or classical.
Cheers
Trust in me and fall aswell.
Paul Gilbert, Eric Johnson and Satch?
I'm not big on virtuoso guitar music, but those might be worth a look at.

Joe Pass, Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery, Ali De Meola, Jeff Beck, Django Reinhardt, John McLaughlin, John Scofield, Charlie Christian, Herb Ellis, Allan Holdsworth are all worth a mention I guess. You should definitely take a listen.

When I said I can't help you, I meant "I can't name pieces as I have a rather limited knowledge of Jazz songs"
andy mckee - drifting

- yes. it looks hard.

- yes. i played it for my moderation and ended up getting 95% for my solo unit in music.

so, if you can get the hang of it (which once you have, the song is VERY easy) you will blow people away.
*Enter Sig Here*
just cover some jazz standards which have been covered by other artists as solo pieces. For example consider covering "Autumn Leaves" or "Round Midnight" - if you want to hear those performed for solo guitar - get hold of Joe Pass's "Unforgettable" to get an idea of how you might proceed with such solo interpretations.
Barney Kessel's arrangement of Misty.
It's a great jazz piece and the tabs for it on are this site so that makes it ever more the convenient.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
One that i'm playing for a recital coming up is a version of "Yesterdays", this version arranged by Mike Elliott. It's very cool and leaves a lot of room for your own changes and tastes/flavors you'd like to add in. I've peppered my rendition a ton and i must tell you, it's delicious.

Check it out!

It's not too tough, just some fast chord changes and junk. Good luck!