Ok, so i gave one of my friends a guitar for his bday so he finally has an incentive to learn (ive been trying to get him to learn for like 2 years) It's a piece of crap Ibanez RG120, nothing special. Problem is, he doesnt have an amp, so he told me hes gonna take 100 bucks and i pick out an amp for him.

Budget is 100 bucks, maybe like 50 over that but nothing more. Its gotta be like a practice amp. Hes not gonna be giggin anythime soon. Just something that's good for a begginer and something that can play some modern hard rock and classic rock.

P.S. No line 6 or Marshall suggestions cause even i know that those are crap. Anything else though is fine.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
roland MICRO cube, not the 15x they suck.
peavey vypyr 30 IF he has 199 usd.
vox da5.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Location?
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Wuts wrong with the 15w Peavy Vyper? Does he have to get the 30w to get certain features that arent on the 15w? Hes probably not gonna spend more than 150 bucks. He doesnt have much money.

Location is New Jersey
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Don't get the microcube, unless you like terrible tone.
Haven't tried the Vox but it's meant to be OK.
Vypyr 15 is meant to be very good for the price.
Oh.. because if you were living in europe..
Thomann.de has very cheap amps
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
well i PERSONALLY HATE( opinion, opinion) the 15w amp but i like the 30w version.
the 15w doesnt have the stomboxes, cant use the sanpera foot switch and it has a very tiny speaker.

and the cube 15 and the micro
the 15w dosent have built in fx and has a few amp models while the micro has everything the 30x has but in a smaller size BUT it does give you horrible tone like horlicks said.
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 25, 2009,
O rly? No stompboxes on the 15w? That sux. Is their anyother cheap practice amps or are those the only options he has. Seriously, i dont think hes gonna notice crap tones at first, and hes probably gonna get a better one in 6 months or so, but this isnt really meant to be used for a while, just something to get him started on.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
the microcube is a really nice practice amp. has effects and imo, is perfect for this situation.

$125.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Does blackheart have anything in ths range i hear theyre good.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
vox DA15, great amp
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
$100 Marshall and Line 6 practice amps aren't crap. They are just $100 practice amps. They are what they are. If you want some smoother tone, those Epiphone valve amps are cheap also Pignose as a very small tube practice amp that is pretty cool.
AL
I only said line 6 and marshall because i personally hated the 15w versions. The cleans on the Marshall are ok, but i doubt my friends gonna use cleans a lot. The distortion was crap. And the line 6, which i had, i thought was ok but i KNOW theres better for the price
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I think ur link is broken, it said theres no thread specified.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by SkinnyVampire
line 6 spider III!!!!

Funny.

Check out some Vox Pathfinders and maybe some Vypers.
No idea about prices where you are but ased on UK prices, the Roland Cube 30X would be a good choice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
either the microcube or da5. the cube is better for metal and such, while the vox is good for blues and classic rock
Maybe a Vypyr 15w or a Ibanez TBX15R.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Microcube.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

It kinda seems like the da5, vyper, and microcube are the winners here. Thanks guys
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
You guys suck at advice.

Vypyr 15 all the way. More effects,models and features than any other in the range. Speaker is very good size for a 15watt. I have the 30 watt and trust me, i dont use the stompboxes. The tone is awesome too. Its perfect for him at onlyy 100$
I was kinda thinking that at the start. The Peavy def seems like the best deal.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by Steeze
You guys suck at advice.

Vypyr 15 all the way. More effects,models and features than any other in the range. Speaker is very good size for a 15watt. I have the 30 watt and trust me, i dont use the stompboxes. The tone is awesome too. Its perfect for him at onlyy 100$

ummm how many people have you given advice here in the GG&A forums ????
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

ummm how many people have you given advice here in the GG&A forums ????

Also people here also suggested vyper. Just saying. Now question about the 15w vyper, is the distortion muddy and digital sounding like a line 6?
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Also people here also suggested vyper. Just saying. Now question about the 15w vyper, is the distortion muddy and digital sounding like a line 6?

it's not that digital sounding, but its 1000x better than the crappy line 6 spider.
feel free to add me
If it is like my 30watt vypyr then no not at all. All the distorted models are really good. You got a bunch to choose from. Go try it out
Remember its not for me, i just dont want him starting out the way i did with a 15w line 6. And if its good i can jack it from time to time
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Nope its not like a line6 at all. I actually had a roland cube and i returned it for this. I think it is much better than the cube. Its just a really fun amp if you know what i mean. Tons of stuff to play around with. But suprisingly it sounds good as well. You can get any tone you want out of this thing. The cleans on the fender model are godly while the balls on the 6505 model are pretty big hhaha. Plus you get everything inbetween. Id say it was a nobrainer for a beginner.
Check out the vypyr thread by the way. You should get some info from reading that as well. Sorry for the double post but im on my ipod touch
Ok. Made the decision for my friend. Peavy Vyper 15w it is.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Ok. Made the decision for my friend. Peavy Vyper 15w it is.

i hope your friend will have a good time learning guitar
feel free to add me
Get the Vypyr 15/30 or a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT, maybe an XL, but the normal model should do him.

They have lots of built in effects to play around with and are nice souding, and more versatile than the cube.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Steeze
Nice haha. Have fun jacking it from time to time =P

If he really likes the **** hes playin then hes probably gonna jack some of my stuff while hes at it, so really, yes ill have much fun jacking his new amp lol.
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10