Ok, so I have an Epiphone SG, a Metal Zone MT-2 pedal and a Vypyr. When I turn the Vypyr into overdrive and the pedal is activated, there's a really annoying static sound. If I put the pedal on a high level w/o any overdrive the static is still there too.

I'm asking whether it would be the pedal, the amplifier or the guitar. If it's the guitar, then that'll be the relief since I'm planning on buying another one, but in terms of the pedal and amplifier, I'm just gonna keep those.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

you've turned on overdrive on both your pedal and the amp at the same time? Then that's the problem
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
Sounds like you could be getting feedback from being too close to the amp, otherwise, it could just be that the amp is on overdrive mode, so will give a bit of a distortion 'noise' (for want of a better word).
Yeah, both overdrive and I played right next to the amplifier. Cool, thanks
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag