I was playing my roadster this morning and the sound suddenly cut out, it's barely audible. Any ideas what the problem is?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Power tubes dead? Blown fuse (if it won't come on)? If your guitar has active pickups, perhaps dead battery?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
powertubes could be dead, i didn't change those when i replaced my tubes because they are supposed to last longer. It will come on but it's barely audible.

The other day the volume was acting up and getting really quiet and then really loud. Still sound like the powertubes?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
powertubes could be dead, i didn't change those when i replaced my tubes because they are supposed to last longer. It will come on but it's barely audible.

The other day the volume was acting up and getting really quiet and then really loud. Still sound like the powertubes?

Yes, power tubes.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Yes, power tubes.

I just spent like $150 retubing the thing like 7-8 months ago, I don't even crank the thing much at all though.

tubes can go bad at any time unfortunately, you just happened to get a bad set
NOPE
well i put my old tubes that still had some life to them in there to see if it's the problem, i'll be back in a few mins.

Yeah if you've suffered a gain and volume drop, it's the power valve - happened to me just over a week ago.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Got it thanks guys, I had ruby 6l6s in there those were the ones that took a dump, i put my old original mesa tubes back in and haven't heard the thing sound so good in a long time.

So now I know when it's volume and gain drop it's my powertubes..

What will happen if my preamps or my rectifier tubes fail?

Quote by Chaosinborn
if your pre-amp rubes crap out your gain will drop.

Thought that was my powertubes, or will both make gain drop? Or is powertubes just volume drop