I'm looking for a good metal guitar. I have about 1000 dollars to spend but i'm willing to go a couple 100 dollars over. I play a large range of metal from After the Burial, to Viatrophy, to Parkway Drive so I need a metal guitar that can sound good for this stuff.

Please put the guitar model and its pickups or a link to it. And if you know it, plz put the price.

Currently i have a squire and a roland cube 15 right now. That was the first equipment i got and i've been playing for 2 years now. I've definatley exausted the squire's use and need a new guitar... I need an amp to but i'll get that later so only tell me about guitars.

Oh and one last thing. Whats everyones opinions on seven and eight strings? I was looking at them but i really don't know anything about them. Should I check them out??
Last edited by larryjoebunz at Jan 25, 2009,
for a seven string, get a schecter jeff loomis sig, make shure you try it out first though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxgXbDlEOj0
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Jan 25, 2009,
if ur into those kinds of bands i would go with a esp/ltd....there sick. i have a esp/ltd ec 1000 and its so sick....amazing sustain, thick powerful sound no buzzing right out of the box. some nice active emg 81/ 60....super sick and perfect for that core sound ur looking for... im a seven string guy....i think the 8 string is a lil ridiculas...but to each his own...lol
for seven strings i would get an ibanez just cuz there classically the best 7 strings or a shecter wich are relly sick sevens and have a lot more low end eposed to ibanez mid to high end...

hope it helped and didnt make me look like a fool...lol
I would say a Schecter, an Ibanez or an ESP, i have a ESP LTD and i love it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
jackson demmelition king V
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
hmm you use a squier? save yourself money for an amp, and buy any mexican fender... i reccomend but there not really me lol. Also you can just slap some duncans on it, and its a metal guitar. get something you can fiddle with if you have money left over. Then get a decent amp which does FX (line 6 pref. i use them) and then you still got cash for acessories, like a billion picks.
Last edited by Glenn Guitar at Jan 25, 2009,
Dont spend all of your money on a guitar. The guitar might be top of the line, but if you have a crappy amp, itll make your guitar sound like crap.
And jumping from a Squire to a $1000 guitar is pretty drastic. If you want a great guitar and have money left over, i suggest getting an Ibanez S520EX, which is what i have. I got it for $600 and its a great guitar. The pickups might need some replacing for the type of music you play but thats up to you.
You want a metal guitar?

Look at the ESP Alexi Series...
The Jackson Rhoads series + King V series..

Possibly Dean? ( Despite the fact you can get so much better for your money... they sitll look FXCKING awesome! ).
You're amp should usually cost more than your guitar. Get a better amp and get a better mid range guitar, don't go for the 1000's just for a guitar yet. 500-600 sounds good and maybe use 600-700 on an amp.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
You're amp should usually cost more than your guitar. Get a better amp and get a better mid range guitar, don't go for the 1000's just for a guitar yet. 500-600 sounds good and maybe use 600-700 on an amp.

This man knows his stuff
^indeed, ideally you should be spending 70% of your TOTAL budget (guitar and amp) on an amp, and then the remaining 30% on a guitar
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard