I am in the process of learning music theory and learning how to play with a click track, so I suppose this composition is more superior than other ones already. I am no expert composer though, so that is why I upload pieces of songs for people to critique.

This song is definitly going to be a work in progress. I need to write the rest of the song and lyrics in general. In time I will and I will also do my own vocals. I intend to maintain the acoustic guitar vibe, even with the hopefully added death metalish vocals. I have also begun writing some synth parts.

I would like meaningful comments and critiques, both positive and negative. Do the electronic drums sound okay or like ****? It's my first time programming them. How are the riffs so far? Stuff like this would be cool to have answered. Any suggestions or general feedback is appreciated. I will comment your song if you'd like (so long as you give me meaningful feedback).

The song can be found in my profile. It is aptly titled "Untitled Acoustic Doom Metal Song."
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Dude I love your tone, seriously nice metal acoustic feel. Perfect amount of reverb. Great so far, I can't wait to see where you will take it.

The drums are not so great and they sound very flat and dull. Try EQing them to make them a little brighter or snappier. Also try to do more with them during the 'verse' section, they just kind of sit there and sound boring. Is it really just the kick and the cymbals/hats going during this point? Its really hard to hear, they are very muddy.

Wanna hear the finished piece for sure!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053712
Nice job, a lot of it was very atmospheric. There were a lot of REALLY, REALLY melodic parts, I dunno how well that fits into doom metal (I'm referring to slow doom metal) but it was a very good intro. I couldn't really tell the drums were even there until I heard the fill on the toms, so I can't really critique them >_< In the beginning, the high E was very in your face, and in my opinion, a little bit too loud. Could've done a little bit less with the strumming sound on the background guitar when the higher octave was doing the melody, but overall great job man. I too, would love to hear this finished.

c4c: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039606
Quote by JohnnyLovesYou
Dude I love your tone, seriously nice metal acoustic feel. Perfect amount of reverb. Great so far, I can't wait to see where you will take it.

The drums are not so great and they sound very flat and dull. Try EQing them to make them a little brighter or snappier. Also try to do more with them during the 'verse' section, they just kind of sit there and sound boring. Is it really just the kick and the cymbals/hats going during this point? Its really hard to hear, they are very muddy.

Wanna hear the finished piece for sure!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053712

Thanks for your comments/critques. I do love my acoustics tone, I must say. The guitar I am using is a custom Martin guitar from like the Great Depression era (my grandfathers). Its pretty amazing.

I agree on the drums, I am trying to figure out how to get them to sound better; though there is only so much I can do because they're electronic. For the most part it is just the bass drum and cymbols going through that section, with an occasional "triple" beat thrown in. I am no expert on drums so I dummed them down, but I need them (especially later in the song, when I add vocals).

Quote by MaskedMurader23
Nice job, a lot of it was very atmospheric. There were a lot of REALLY, REALLY melodic parts, I dunno how well that fits into doom metal (I'm referring to slow doom metal) but it was a very good intro. I couldn't really tell the drums were even there until I heard the fill on the toms, so I can't really critique them >_< In the beginning, the high E was very in your face, and in my opinion, a little bit too loud. Could've done a little bit less with the strumming sound on the background guitar when the higher octave was doing the melody, but overall great job man. I too, would love to hear this finished.]

Thanks for your comment/critique. I will take them into consideration. haha. That sounded so gay.

I will comment both of yours shortly!

Nice. Some cleaner timing at the start, a bit less of the high sharpness on some of the guitar and that tremolo picking bit as overdriven electric would be great.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Thanks for the comments.

I'll be honest, I use the genre "Doom Metal" very loosely. I enjoy what I've heard of it, but I think this will be the first metal song that is strictly acoustic with death metalesque vocals that I will have heard. The drums are a concern, but not overly right now as I will be attempting to touch up when I am finished.

In regards to the sharp sounding notes in the beginning, I am also going to rerecord this so I will hopefully be able to avoid them. I did not care mostly because, it is a work in progress and I will be re-recording. To add, I did write the tremelo picked part on a distorted electric (it sounds great); and maybe in the future I will redo this song in acoustic and electric, however since my distorted guitar recording quality sucks ass; I am just doing acoustic guitar.

In other news, I have a few more riffs written and the first verse lyrically and musically. I am fairly excited, seeing as I usually lose interest after the intro.

Just writing to let you all know that I have updated the song (again, in my profile). It is not finished but I began penning lyrics and added a rhythmic verse/2 new tremelo picked riffs/a vocal attempt. Be kind, this was my first time scream singing for something legit. Not to mention my recording software is ****. Oh, and I only had ten minutes to do all of this. haha.

If anyone could suggest a way to make the keyboard flow better into the guitar again, I'd appreciate it. Also, UG sped up the song to a degree so it may sound kind of higher pitched for a second. Thanks!

Really nice tone man. NIce playing too.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots