edit: sry I messed up the link, here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRHh_cjLa1c

This song is absolutely beautiful, I actually got chills from it the first time I heard it, and I haven't heard a song that could do that to me in such a long time. It really shows just how far we've come from MLK's days to today with electing Barack Obama

It's by a Canadian MC named Shaun Boothe, for his new album, he's been releasing a song where he rhymes the life story of a famous icon every month since September. So far, he's done James Brown, Bob Marley, Muhammad Ali, and he just released the Martin Luther King and Barack Obama one the other day

Next month, he's doing one on Jimi Hendrix, and he'll be doing songs about other icons such as Kurt Cobain and 2pac in the months to come

Hope you enjoy it
Last edited by metalhead39 at Jan 25, 2009,
Sorry but I can't stand ANY songs that celebrate Obama's victory over him being black. It's so much bull****. Obama will be an wexcellent president, but being black has nothing to do with it, and the more people go on about him being black the higher the racial barrier will grow.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Sorry but I can't stand ANY songs that celebrate Obama's victory over him being black. It's so much bull****. Obama will be an wexcellent president, but being black has nothing to do with it, and the more people go on about him being black the higher the racial barrier will grow.

i agree with you on that, its a shame the election was so racially motivated.
i'v no doubt that Obama will be an excellent President and on the basis of his policies he promised i think he may begin to make some good changes, yet although he won the election their will always be criticism of him only being elected because he was Black and America is trying to close the door on it's racial history, and yet if Obama had lost the election their would be accusations of racial inequality, so win or lose the election was always racially motivated
thats my belief any way
sorry if this is irrelevant to the thread