Hi GG&A, I know playing a head without any cab will damage the head. But what if I plug headphones into where the cab goes, will that not damage it?
Will this work for combo's too. I assume it would if the above is true.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Never assume. Plugging headphones into a speaker out will fry the headphones. If its a tube amp when the headphones fry there would be no speaker load and probably fry the amp. If it doesnt have a headphone jack then you cant use headphones.
^damn ! ... slow internet >.<

I wouldn't recommend doing that

Combos have don't have a "head".. but if they have a headphone jack.. use that instead.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Well my 5150 combo is pretty much a head just stuck on a cab. If I unplug the speakers from the top part, which is easy to do (1 plug) then I can plug headphones into that or the external speaker input. Both jacks do the same thing.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Don't. You will fry the headphones, probably the amp and if you wear those headphones when you plug them in, you might fry your hearing too.
If your amp doesn't have a dedicated headphone input, don't plug them into anything else.

Unless you want to ruin your amp.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Soul Eater
Well my 5150 combo is pretty much a head just stuck on a cab. If I unplug the speakers from the top part, which is easy to do (1 plug) then I can plug headphones into that and blow my amp up and fry my headphones or the external speaker input and just fry my headphones. Both jacks do the same thing.

Fixed...they don't do exactly the same thing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com