ok so i have been researching (A LOT) and i cant seem to find a guitar i like. the guitar i thought i wanted was a schecter hellraiser fr but after playing it yesterday at guitar center, i changed my mind. it was so uncomfortable to play. i want to like it but i dont. i dont think schecter has anything i like as much as i hate to say it. i want something that has a medium or skinny neck that will give a warm insane distortion. i play metal and thats pretty much it. something that will sound amazing when palm muting in drop d and drop c.

also, ive been looking at amps and there is not one that i like which is not over 2000 dollars (just for the head). the only one i have liked so far is the bogner uberschall (i will never be this rich to afford this amp). anyone know a good amp thats a reasonable price and has a good distortion channel and can take pedals well?

also, anyone know any good chorus and delay pedals? thanks
Look at Ibanez. They're pretty damn good metal guitars, especially for the price of some of them. Might wanna look at Bugera amps too. Can't help you with the pedals though.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
I was in a similar position to you. I bought an Ibanez RG370DX. That is a fine metal guitar, sounds great when palm muting, can also be used in clean.

For amps I don't have a lot to say, I personally have been looking at a Peavy Vypyr.

For Pedals, I'd say go with Boss. I have tried lots of my friends' (and while I don't own any personally), I've always liked the sound of the Digital Delay and Super Chorus pedals by boss (DD-3 and CH-1 respectively).
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
EHX small clone chorus. amp-wise maybe a B-52? more importantly, whats your budget?
Have u looked into the older MIJ Ibanez's? pedals EHX, maybe the Randall rms,
Ibanez Jem 7 DB-K
5150 combo
ZW OD (F/S)
Korg Tuner
i give you credit for being flexible. as i've said before, schecters are sold based on a specs sheet rather than anything resembling actual performance.

could you give a total budget?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
sorry i worded my original post wrong, i was saying i dont want an amp that is incredably expensive like a 2000 dollar amp. if i had 2000 dollars and definatly get an uberschall no questions asked, except i dont have that kind of money
Look used for the amp. Someone on here was selling a dual rec for 1k the other day which is an amazing deal. You can buy used and get yourself a really awesome deal.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by staticoverdub
i give you credit for being flexible. as i've said before, schecters are sold based on a specs sheet rather than anything resembling actual performance.

could you give a total budget?

as of right now, i have about 140 dollars. im just saying i wnt to find a guitar i like before i make enough money to get it so i know what im shooting for. id say up to 1000 for guitar, normal shaped, nothing like a dean and all that junk. as for an amp, anything with a reasonable price, i dont think i want to spend tons of money on a head and a cap. seems rediculous to me to buy both. but i want a tube amp. so i have no idea
right. now back to my question: what kind of money are you looking to drop? as with almost anything else, guitar gear is a game of inches after a point. for example on a scale of 0-100, 100 being the highest quality, let's put a squier strat at about a 35, with a pricetag of $100. the jump from spending $100 to spending $200 will net you an additional 25 quality points, putting you at 60 which is about where i'd rank some ibanez, daisy rock, or danelectro models. moving up from there another $100 will get you around 15 quality points, at 75 where you start getting into legitimately decent instruments. do you see what i'm saying? qgpd (quality gained per dollar) decreases with every dollar spent. this isn't set in stone and is more of a rough outline. what you need to do is find a comfortable balance of quality, price, and most importantly suitability when looking for equipment, after all, a $2000 metal amp won't be living up to its potential in the hands of say chris carraba.

so what are you looking to spend?
every key
every secret

it's not to be taken literally and it's a scale that i just made up. it was meant to illustrate a concept.
every key
every secret

for amp : randall
guitar: ibanez, jackson, esp
pedal: boss
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by staticoverdub
it's not to be taken literally and it's a scale that i just made up. it was meant to illustrate a concept.

ok then id prolly say around 80-90 on that scale
For an amp, what about a Peavey 6505 212 combo?

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà