...in my friends closet, and he had no idean what it even was, so he gave it to me, but it was not really what i was hoping for. im trying to find something that sounds like the insane setting on the Line 6 spider 3 (yeah thats right i like the sound of the spider 3). i dont really know how to describe the sound but i put the treble on 10, mid on 4, and bass at 2. what would be a good pedal that has that distortion?
Just use the Spider.
And are you serious? Treble 10 on a Spider?
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 25, 2009,
if you like your amps distortion, then why do you want a pedal?
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
for the price of a decent pedal, you could probably get a Spider III 15
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I'm...not really sure what you're looking for.

BUT! If you don't mind spendin' a little bit of money ($75) and don't want the ds-1 to go to waste...

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=10

Send your pedal in here. There's sound samples to listen to, and if you like the way it sounds, send the sucker in. Trust me, you won't regret it.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ
i dont really know how to describe the sound but i put the treble on 10, mid on 4, and bass at 2.

Wow, that must sound really terrible. You are well on your right track on modeling the sound of a Spider.
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ
...in my friends closet, and he had no idean what it even was, so he gave it to me, but it was not really what i was hoping for. im trying to find something that sounds like the insane setting on the Line 6 spider 3 (yeah thats right i like the sound of the spider 3). i dont really know how to describe the sound but i put the treble on 10, mid on 4, and bass at 2. what would be a good pedal that has that distortion?

That EQing sounds horrible. Seriously. I honestly don't think I could even play a song with those settings.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by ToastYerLicks
I'm...not really sure what you're looking for.

BUT! If you don't mind spendin' a little bit of money ($75) and don't want the ds-1 to go to waste...

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=10

Send your pedal in here. There's sound samples to listen to, and if you like the way it sounds, send the sucker in. Trust me, you won't regret it.

:O..........i met rob keeley a few years ago, somehow my aunt knew him or his wife, anyways, hes a really cool guy.........recently, his factory in Oklahoma burned to the ground.....i feel so bad for the dude
Quote by carlsbad
I wish my grass was emo, so it can cut itself

Quote by Cynoxx
He's asian, dude. For everything awesome you do there's always an asian kid that can do it at least 4 times better...
i love the treble! especially for lead stuff i dont like any base at all. i think it sounds too heavy than
Quote by lefthandman9876
the DS1 is a distortion pedal, its not for Insane BRUTAL!!! sounds, somthing like a metal muff is for that

Something like making your amp sound like cats in a blender.
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ
i love the treble! especially for lead stuff i dont like any base at all. i think it sounds too heavy than

Then you should look into Zoom effects and old Crate amps if you love the generic, thin, bodyless rock tone
please check with the tone testing thread..i'd like to see what they have to say about your EQ

but seriously, I don't think the ds-1 can pull that kind of distortion..maybe a metal muff or something more metal-oriented?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by tincho729
please check with the tone testing thread..i'd like to see what they have to say about your EQ

but seriously, I don't think the ds-1 can pull that kind of distortion..maybe a metal muff or something more metal-oriented?

Maybe a Cool Cat Metal I and Cool Cat Metal II for the price of one Metal Muff?
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ

What amp do you have now?
Quote by GNRjungle87
What amp do you have now?

well i have a spider 3 15 watt, but i also recently bought a fender frontman 65 watt, which at first i loved, but now i really dont like the overdrive channel.
I don't think anyone in their right minds would try to replicate in a pedal the tone you're describing
thanks. lol whats wrong with alotta gain??? ha i knew id get made fun of if i put my eq on here
Quote by BoNScoTTRuleZ
thanks. lol whats wrong with alotta gain??? ha i knew id get made fun of if i put my eq on here

because it covers up bad playing and it ruins the sound of a good amp. seriously, try out some GOOD gear
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.