So I was looking at this Multieffects pedal at musicians friend, the Digitech RP70. It is pretty basic 11 amp models, a couple of stomp box emulators ( like digitech chorus to Ibanez tubescreame) I understand that this emulators built in aren't going to be as good as each individual pedal, ( most cost more than the RP70). I was wondering how good these effects are, If you want to suggest any other pedals, stand alone or multi effect know my spending limit is about 100 dollars. I have a Blues jr. and play classic rock, which is broad, sry. I mostly am looking at a tubescreamer if I go to a pedal instead. Will the RP70 color my tone? or is it transparent?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
btw I will be looking to get an epiphone Les paul very soon.
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
I personally don't like multi effects. They are not as high quality as individual pedals. What effects are you looking for specifically?
mostly OD and distortion, but my blues jr. gets a pretty good natural OD, so mostly distortion maybe chorus and wah, but those arent really all that important
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
I'm not sure if Digitech improved the bypass with their newer RP series (with the new chip), but my RP80 has really poor bypass and I couldn't stand it when I attempted to use it with my VK.

Use your volume control on the guitar, and push the level on the amp a bit more. Control your picking dynamics to clean/grit your sound. The OD on your amp will be fine for what you play.

Pedal wise, you could get a used Crybaby or Vox for that price. And the new cool cat Chorus from Danelectro is pretty good for the price.