I don't want to post this in the pit...

Anyway, a few months ago I posted about finger pain on my playing hand's index finger
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=856945 and
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861216

Surely I had expected the symptoms to clear up by now. But its been over 6 months and they haven't! I've actually had this prob as long as I've had my electric guitar and its even affected my playing style (almost no finger vibrato on index, using other fingers for chords, playing G without the b note, etc. I even gave up guitar and the gym for 2 gruelling weeks once and it didn't go away. its not as painful as it used to be and somedays its really not noticeable, but always at least my finger feels dull, numb and weak. I hate not being able to play as much as I want, and I had to put 10's on my acoustic. Plus I'm a programmer for a living and my work has seriously suffered.

I'm starting to wonder if this will ever go away.

My doc says he's almost sure its carpal tunnel but I don't believe that at all, because I have no wrist pain whatsoever and my other fingers are fine. I had an EMG scheduled but I missed the appointment and need to set it up again. I'd quit guitar for a month if I thought it would help but above all I can't quit programming so I wouldn't be able to rest it anyway...

I still play guitar an 1-3 hours each day because I refuse to let my skills waste away. If I already was going to do "permanent" damage, I probably did anyway
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Well, a friend of mine developed carpul tunnel from guitar playing and had to quit completely pretty much overnight.

On the other hand I have a perminantly bad finger on my left hand; my little finger has virtually no strength in it and can't fret notes. In fact with certain guitar necks (especially thin ones) my hand is in such a position that I can't even move that finger. Nerve damage isn't fun. But eh, I keep on going.

I think really it just depends on whether or not you're facing being basically crippled but not actually in pain, or whether you're facing actual pain/the risk of messing up your entire hand.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

On the other hand I have a perminantly bad finger on my left hand; my little finger has virtually no strength in it and can't fret notes. .

i'm thinking I did this. but less severe. how old is your injury? they say nerves can regenerate slowly over the course of a year
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah