Hopefully this doesn't get locked for no reason.

System of a Down bassist Shavo Odadijan and Wu Tang leader the RZA are close to completing the debut release of their embryonic supergroup Achozen.

The new band will consist of Odadijan, RZA, Beretta 9 of Killarmy, and new artist Reverend William Burke.

In recording sessions, the group has relied heavily on live instrumentation to craft their sound.

Between principal producers RZA and Odadijan, the pair has reportedly used only two samples on the entire record.

The group is also adamant about not attempting to recreate the late 90s and early 2000s "Nu Metal Era," popularized by such acts as Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park.

"We have a product that I can go and see if I want to do this independently or if I want to go through major distribution," Odadijan explained to the Artisan News Service. "I'm not exactly sure if people are going to get the concept. It's a Hip-Hop concept record and right now. I don't know if the radio is ready for it. But I really am not releasing this, you know me and RZA just said it in a lot of interviews we want to help people with this. We just want to exercise brains, we really want to help kids think. It's a very positive record. It's a positive outlook on life instead of the usual negative."

Even with the unnamed project's official designation as a rap album, Odadijan further cautions fans from expecting anything that resembles the standard fair of mainstream Hip-Hop's current sound.

"This isn't a commercial Hip-Hop record, you know what I mean? It's got stories and it's an adventure. It's a musical experience," Odadijan stated. "I don't expect everyone to hear it and go 'Oh, I get it.' No, no, no. Each song is different on another tip. We recorded it in a room, without a vocal booth. I mean this is such a from the heart record."

So far, Achozen has completed guest spots with the GZA, Red Hot Chili Pepper guitarist John Frusciante, and former Machine Head guitarist Logan Madar, who will also handle the LP's mixing.

At press time, RZA and Odadijan are looking to finish the album by the end of January.

Link to the original article.

I love SOAD and I love RZA's work producing and lyric wise. I can't wait to hear this album, just looks sick.
more nu metal crap
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Quote by monotony777
more nu metal crap

You really think so?
Doesn't sound like it, you just read system of a down then thought nu metal didn't you?
Well, this band actually has established mcs in it, not random white guys who listened to an old Ice Cube album and thought it was wicked.

rollin rollin rollin rollin
Last edited by Toniofalcon at Jan 25, 2009,
What the Hell is SOAD + a rapper supposed to be then? Post emo techincal deathcore?
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Shavo was always the most badass person in SOAD, especially because of the goatee. This should be good, considering RZA is an amazing rapper.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
System of a down is one of the hardest bands to classify in a genre.. So don't call it nu metal..

And SOAD + Wu Tang.. I think I'm going to be sick
Quote by monotony777
What the Hell is SOAD + a rapper supposed to be then? Post emo techincal deathcore?

It says a hip-hop concept album did it not?