Seeing this is my first post, I'm probably gonna get noob jokes (I've been on HC and TGP forum for the last five or so years, and they'll definitely give me crap. You guys seem a bit more... down to earth, i think).

I can't make up my mind whether to get one of the following:
Bugera 6260
Bugera 333
-or-
Bugera 333xl

Here are some arguements for each. I play blues, heavy blues (i.e. Bonamassa), rock, and some harder rock (i.e. Alter Bridge-ish music, COC, Ra).

6260:
I dug the green channel with the crunch engaged for heavy blues and then using the lead channel for hot leads. The clean are nice, but I don't like not having the option to switch between green clean and green crunch.

333/333xl:
The modern rock and hard rock capabilities of these amp are appealing, but I don't know if I'll be able to get a good blues or heavy blues tone out of em'. I got to play the 333 head, but didn't get to play 333xl head, only the combo. I didn't care too much for the combo. Didn't have the frequency response of the head and cab (not the bugera cab which isn't that great).

The test cab was a marshall 1960rr (Randy Rhodes) lead cab with celestion g12t75s. Recommend me speakers for each one if you could.

Your help would be appreciated, Thanks
Music newb and thread newb are different and who the hell cares anyway. Bugera is love hate here just like HC, Id stay away from them.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
for what you play Bugera is not for you.
Bugera amps are cheap, crappy, Peavey clones.

the peavey classic 30, blues JR, or Blackheart HD and an OD will be better.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
how much volume do you need?

home practise? band pactise? big unmiced gigs?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by occub
Music newb and thread newb are different and who the hell cares anyway. Bugera is love hate here just like HC, Id stay away from them.

Stay away? I've owned my fair share of amps. Funny how the only ones that had problems were expensive. My old Mesa Rectoverb combo required a full pcb board replacement due to excessive feedback even after new tubes (Three months in the shop). My Peavey Triple XXX had two faulty footswitches and blew fuses like no tomorrow. I see where you're coming from, but I'm not willing to spend my life savings on an amp anymore. The three Bugeras listed all have great tone (better than there Peavey counterparts), I just wanted suggestion that would help me decide between the series of amps.

I respect your opinion though, thank you.
Gear: Fender Tele Plus, G&L Legacy, Crate V3112 USA, and efx pedals... blah blah blah
I would agree with the above poster, are you sure you need something as METAL as a bugera?

I play a peavey classic 30 and love it to pieces
There are some nice traynors to look at too
A used jcm 800 might be the thing for you ?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
how much volume do you need?

home practise? band pactise? big unmiced gigs?

Home and band practice mostly... with the occasional gig (mic'd and unmic'd)
Gear: Fender Tele Plus, G&L Legacy, Crate V3112 USA, and efx pedals... blah blah blah
I wouldn't get a bugera for what you play, definitely better more reliable options out there.

Maybe a classic 30 with a boost, maybe a crate v33 with a boost. The new bogner alchemist is a nice sounding amp if you can stretch your budget, though it's hard to tell about the reliability of an amp that's so new. Maybe a used AC30? That's all I can think of.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
for what you play Bugera is not for you.
Bugera amps are cheap, crappy, Peavey clones.

the peavey classic 30, blues JR, or Blackheart HD and an OD will be better.

that WOULD NOT do alter bridge stuff.

and, those amps sound very nice, its the reliability people dont like. but if you buy it at a nice reputable dealer, than you get a good warranty. so go that route, unless you go used and get a peavey JSX, or a mesa f50 or f30.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by diehard82
Stay away? I've owned my fair share of amps. Funny how the only ones that had problems were expensive. My old Mesa Rectoverb combo required a full pcb board replacement due to excessive feedback even after new tubes (Three months in the shop). My Peavey Triple XXX had two faulty footswitches and blew fuses like no tomorrow. I see where you're coming from, but I'm not willing to spend my life savings on an amp anymore. The three Bugeras listed all have great tone (better than there Peavey counterparts), I just wanted suggestion that would help me decide between the series of amps.

Fair enough. My opinions on these amps are from direct experience but to each his own. Bugera thread is where you want to go. Talk to Beerchurch and the rest of the Militia, they're helpfull.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Bugeras have a bad rep around here for shoddy quality control after about fifteen people had their amps' fuses/tubes/transformers blow... I wouldn't get one until the problem is solved, although they are coming out with some Marshall clones this year (Superlead and JCM900 clones).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by diehard82

then from what i've heard you'll probly want to stay far away from bugera. while sounding good, they seem to hold together too well. maybe look at a peavey valveking (altho i dont know about their reliability either). you might also want to check out black heart amps. ive never played good but they sound awesome on youtube.

what type of blues? what's your budget? how loud? heck, a fender champion 600 might do the trick.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by tomguitarworshi
I would agree with the above poster, are you sure you need something as METAL as a bugera?

I play a peavey classic 30 and love it to pieces
There are some nice traynors to look at too
A used jcm 800 might be the thing for you ?

Used to own a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 and a Peavey Classic 100 full stack (4x10 and 1x15 cabs). I loved the Classic 100, but I was way way too loud to get the tone I needed (didn't sound great until the volume was at kill-an-old-lady volumes).

Traynors are horrible, every one I've played sounded terrible. YCV and YCS series.

JCM 800s are amazing amps, no argument there. Two reasons: Price and Variety of tones. Even used they go for 1200 usd.

Keep it coming. Thanks for the input.
Give us a budget. You can probably find a JCM800 cheaper than 1200 bucks if that would suit you.

I'm surprised you'd say the traynor sounds terrible, I think most people would say it slays the peavey classic series, but to each his own.

Chea mans suggestion of a mesa F series (DC series is older and quite similar) is something to look at as well.
Quote by diehard82

You should be good with like 50 watts tube i'd think. What is your budget? I'm assuming about 1000 if you're looking at bugera's?

Have you thought about a used marshall? or maybe like a traynor blue? A Vox classic plus?

Out of the bugera's i like the sound of the 333xl best. It's just i don't think they are the best out there for the styles you play.

Let your ear guide you though, but TRY EVERYTHING!

Edit:
About Traynor vs. Peavey classic, i woudl say that the classic series destroys the traynors, I compared them before buying and my teacher has a traynor blue while i have a classic 30.

The traynor's have more versatility, but the peavey's are just warmer and more alive, i would never trade for a traynor.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Last edited by tomguitarworshi at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by chea_man
that WOULD NOT do alter bridge stuff.

and, those amps sound very nice, its the reliability people dont like. but if you buy it at a nice reputable dealer, than you get a good warranty. so go that route, unless you go used and get a peavey JSX, or a mesa f50 or f30.

I agree....
want my opinion?
Get a mesa DC or f50 used.
Bugera would work, but i'd get the 333xl over any of the others.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Kevin Saale
Give us a budget. You can probably find a JCM800 cheaper than 1200 bucks if that would suit you.

I'm surprised you'd say the traynor sounds terrible, I think most people would say it slays the peavey classic series, but to each his own.

Chea mans suggestion of a mesa F series (DC series is older and quite similar) is something to look at as well.

I'm probably working with about 1000 bucks. We're talking head and cab. I'm going with Avatar for the cab.

The F series is serviceable, the DC series is awesome but rare as hell.

I know my gear. I've been playing for 14 years now, and I've played it all. My dream goal would be a Bogner Ecstasy or a VHT Sig X, but that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. So, I'm looking for some thing cheap for a while.
Why not just save? If you have a cheap amp right now, why not put that money towards what you really want?

Also, if you know your gear I'd suggest completely ignoring this site and trying what you can find and see what you like.
Quote by diehard82

if youre playing blues unmic'd monsterous headroom may well be a handy thing

from what you've described the 626x looks cool

theyre bringing new bugs out though, a JCM900 clone and a plexi clone, i'd hang on and look at them
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if youre playing blues unmic'd monsterous headroom may well be a handy thing

from what you've described the 626x looks cool

theyre bringing new bugs out though, a JCM900 clone and a plexi clone, i'd hang on and look at them

I did get the best vibe out of the 6260.

The Plexi clone is tempting too, but the JCM900 sucked. So, I can't imagine it'll be all that great without some tweaks.
too the bugera thread... i give up
Quote by diehard82
I did get the best vibe out of the 6260.

The Plexi clone is tempting too, but the JCM900 sucked. So, I can't imagine it'll be all that great without some tweaks.

Wait.
you just said the jcm 900 sucks, but you have a crate V series amp?

Something is wrong here.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Get jcm800, you know you want too