Lately when ive been tapping solos, like the one from metallica's one it seems i dont get the sound i used to. i used to get a really strong tap, but its weakened. can someone shed some light on this? maybe its my string gauge? i use D'addrio jazz/rock 11-49 etc
When's the last time you changed strings?

Strings loose tone over time and this can affect output as well.

It could also be that your cable is weakened and that affects tone/output as well.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
i dno if its a weak cable, and there not old strings... i put my distortion up full too... its confusing me. hopefully when i buy a 7 string i dont get this problem lol
Quote by Glenn Guitar
i dno if its a weak cable, and there not old strings... i put my distortion up full too... its confusing me. hopefully when i buy a 7 string i dont get this problem lol

every guitar gives problem, it does not matter if u are gettin a 7 stringed or not
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Okey this is a long shot, but I try.

Do you have a floating bridge?

If so, if you change string gauges to heavier ones, ur bridge goes up. When this happens, the string mover further away from the pickups. This will decrease the output.

If this is not the case, you can still try to raise the pickup height to improve the output/response.

You could also have faulty wiring in the guitar.

Lastly it could be that the magnetic power of ur pups has diminished (this technically NEVER happens, but it's theoretically possible).

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
try pick tapping, i find it gives a more crisp sound.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Okey this is a long shot, but I try.

Do you have a floating bridge?

If so, if you change string gauges to heavier ones, ur bridge goes up. When this happens, the string mover further away from the pickups. This will decrease the output.

If this is not the case, you can still try to raise the pickup height to improve the output/response.

You could also have faulty wiring in the guitar.

Lastly it could be that the magnetic power of ur pups has diminished (this technically NEVER happens, but it's theoretically possible).

i do have a high bridge, i could use alan keys to put my bridge lower so the strings go nearer the pickups. last time i tried that though it sounded all fuzzy and bad. ill give it a shot though, im probs not gonna drop tune it for a while anyway

Just done this, and its fine now! better ^_^
Last edited by Glenn Guitar at Jan 25, 2009,
try using the most bright strings you can find. with D'addario i think those are prosteels? maybe give them a shot, or use a lighter gauge?
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic