Hi at the moment I've got a Boss CEB-3 chorus pedal, but I'm toying with the idea of getting the BF-3 flange pedal aswell. I was just wondering if anyone has both or one of other of these and knows whether it's really worth it?

The band I play in is kind of indie/alternative and the guitarists both love muse and their effects pedals, so I was thinking the occasional well placed soaring flanger could help.

Suggestions on the back of a postcard!
they kind of are, flange is almost a glorified chorus, but it depends on the manufacturer how different the two are, which was why i was asking if anyone had both/either so im not throwing away £80 on something i've already got
In this case, flange is quite different from chorus.

I own the chorus, and have used the flanger. Both would be helpful to you, IMO.
Nope, no sig here.
I wouldn't go with the flanger, in my opinion its almost too extreme of a sound, especially if combined, to sound like any sort of decent bass in a song
Quote by d K A p S
I wouldn't go with the flanger, in my opinion its almost too extreme of a sound, especially if combined, to sound like any sort of decent bass in a song

Well, 46&2 by Tool has a delayed, heavily flanged bass. It just seems like an effect that you have to play to, rather than have the effect following you.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Well, 46&2 by Tool has a delayed, heavily flanged bass. It just seems like an effect that you have to play to, rather than have the effect following you.

I agree entirely with this. If you're using an effect, I think you should find the effect, then write the riffs to make it sound its best. If you take a song and add an effect, it tends not to sound as good.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.