In the original recordings forum, in terms of hip-hop, lets say i put together a song, by stringing together a bunch of samples, and i give credit to every artist whom i sampled, am i allowed to post the song or is it considered plagiarism?
considering the amounts, and the time frames they are taken from it might be a bit tough to get everyone's permission, it isn't profiting off of it, and its really only a clip of their music, not the song in its entirety, but would it be breaking the posting rules, if i did post that? Live DJ's do this all the time, and with the amount of records they play they don't really say this is everyone we sampled, so is it ok for me to do this, and say who its by?
Quote by khalil1220
In the original recordings forum, in terms of hip-hop, lets say i put together a song, by stringing together a bunch of samples, and i give credit to every artist whom i sampled, am i allowed to post the song or is it considered plagiarism?

As long as you don't make money from it, and clearly say where everything came from, you should be okay.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA

My bad, I thought you were talking about legally. I didn't even think about UG's rules against plagiarism.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by jimmy_neutron
just to be sure, i would suggest PMing a mod over at original recordings...

yep. asking one of the mods of the forum in which you'd like to post is the best idea
from daylight...
...into darkness