For the whole time I've een at this great site, especially this forum, I've been told to steer clear of those cheap bass packs.. But this one has grabbed my eye...

Link

Both bass and amp are in your FAQ, so they are respectable first time pieces of equipment for a neat little price. It comes with gig bag, which quality isn't a massive issue, as long as it keeps the bass covered, and the cables could be easily replaced if they are rubbish, but would still work. I like it, and it may just have snatched me. It also saves me from buying each component seperately, and keeping the price under.

What do you guys think?

Also, anybody know wany books I can rely heavily on for my source of learning that'll be at my local Waterstones (bookshop), as I don't want lessons. I like Bass guitar for dummies, but I need something that'll not just start me off but keep me going through my bass career to be.

Anything appreciated
Might wanna delete this thread, you've made a copy by accident.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Its not bad, could do better on ebay. But over all you could do worse.
Delete your other thread/
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Its not bad, could do better on ebay. But over all you could do worse.
Delete your other thread/

Yeah, just did.
well I wouldn't complain if one turned up on my doorstep. But I'm not sure about the price - £180? -> it's a bargin if you add up the component parts, but I'd go 2nd hand if it was me.
youve been posting on this board for a while now and you dont own a bass?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
youve been posting on this board for a while now and you dont own a bass?

LOL!

It's not a bad deal, but like everyone else has said, ebay will do you much better, failing that try and strike up a conversation with a dude in your local music shop and he'll be able to knock you up a deal for a starter setup using individual componants. It's the same idea but as it's not a ready made box set it should be of higher quality.

From my experience these box sets are generally bought by rents for their kids who 'want to play guitar' but won't be solid enough to see you for more than 12months.

To conclude

Spend £160 on a bass from ebay
Pick up a peavey microbass from any source you can, theyre cheap and can withstand alot of pain.

Thats what I did, and i still play and love my first bass
A Squier Affinity with an Agathis body? Wtf?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..