Am I the only one who read it "Between the Buried and Me" and was sorely disappointed to find out it wasn't?

I like the piece though, it's quite good I think. Layered guitars, nice and melodic-y.
Last edited by AA00P at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by szekelymihai
pretty good piece, i kinda liked it, but why not metal? you dont want it to be? it's true, it has a punk feel that i ddint quite like, but its quite a cathcy song, also i relly like the fades at the end

hey, thanks!
about the "not metal.": Everyones putting genre descripions in their title and I simply didn't know what gener this song is but it's definitely "not metal"
That punk thing makes me

Quote by AA00P
Am I the only one who read it "Between the Buried and Me" and was sorely disappointed to find out it wasn't?

I like the piece though, it's quite good I think. Layered guitars, nice and melodic-y.

hehe, sorry... It was a song about my girlfriend and there were some things "between" us back then thus the title. But glad you liked it.. a bit
^
I'd love to hear it recorded, so if you ever get it recorded (or if you already have it recorded), send me a link.
Quote by Maxico
hey, thanks!
about the "not metal.": Everyones putting genre descripions in their title and I simply didn't know what gener this song is but it's definitely "not metal"
That punk thing makes me

hey man, it was not an insult, i don't like punk and that's my problem if you know what i mean. Your skills are quite good actually, and as I said, its a cathcy song
Quote by Maxico
Thing is I don't like punk either haha..!

And sorry I've no recording of this and it'll probably take some time to record it because I've very crappy/none recording gear... I could myabe record with my friends' gear.

ohhhh! i thought that you said punk is what makes you, but i see now
It was very nice, and I really enjoyed all of the riffs and transitions. Especially the part around measure 62 or somthing like that, with the harmonics at the 4th fret. I liked the intro riff too. The riff / section at measure 74 moved me, I liked it a lot, and enjoyed it's originallity. From that measure until 94, it was so damn nice and moving. I really, really liked this part of the song. The part following felt heavy, and was nice. The part following that I didn't like too much. The little outro was cool.

To me, the drumming wasn't anything special, but it definitally went with the song solidly, and I liked how the rest was layered.

10/10 from me man, great stuff.

Crit mine?
S.l.a.l.b. + G.i.a.