Poll: Jackson DK2M vs PRS SE Paul Allender
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson DK2M vs PRS SE Paul Allender
Jackson DK2M
6 60%
PRS SE Paul Allender
4 40%
Voters: 10.
Im loocking for a new guitar and i need help to chosee between the DK2M and the PRS Paul Allender model...

I have about 1000$ but i want to buy a new amp too. Can you help me to choose a good one and one of these guitars?. I like to play any kind of music. My actually guitar is a washburn X-series.

Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender Electric Guitar Features:

* BODY:
* Mahogany back with maple top & quilt maple veneer
* NECK:
* 25" scale length 24-fret maple neck with rosewood fretboard and bat inlays
* Neck carve - wide thin
* HARDWARE:
* PRS designed tremolo
* PRS designed tuners
* Gold hardware
* ELECTRONICS:
* PRS designed Paul Allender treble & bass humbucking pickups
* Volume and tone control with 3-way toggle pickup selector

Image: http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Large/000008790.jpg

Jackson DK2M Dinky Electric Guitar Features:

* Alder body
* Rock maple bolt-on neck
* Bound rosewood compound-radius fingerboard
* 24 frets
* 25-1/2" scale
* 1-11/16" nut
* Matching headstock
* Jackson-licensed Floyd Rose low-profile double locking trem
* Sharkfin inlays
* Binding binding
* Seymour Duncan JB TB4 humbucker (bridge)
* Seymour Duncan Jazz SH2N humbucker (neck)
* Black hardware

Image: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/334a3b586eee76ccf659371dc00b25ca.jpg
I would take the Jackson because i have yet to try a PRS that i thought felt good. Jackson has thinner necks though, so if you dont like those get the PRS i suppose. The Floyd could also be a pain to get used to, not sure if you want it.
I own a DK2S (Same guitar as DK2M, but has a sustaniac system) - Superb quality, and a good price.

The PRS SE is good quality, but I much prefer the Jackson.

I would base my choice between those two mainly on, whether I'd want a FR or not (The Jackson licensed one is very good, imo), and whether the pups on the PRS are any good (No idea about stock quality, only ever played an SE stock through a solid-state amp :/.)
I bought a Jackson about a year ago, and I have yet to find one thing about it that bothers me (aside from the floyd that is...but that has nothing to do with guitar and every to do with which model I chose to buy...)

Though I've been researching new guitars and I have been leaning heavily towards PRS, amazing instruments. I've been looking at the Paul A. but the color scheme and inlays turned me off...but other than that, amazing guitar for the money.

So, in short, I'd say go with the PRS, but that's just me...

-TFA