i was looking at the possibility of getting a nice solid flange pedal

I've always thought of the mxr one as being the best from what i've heard but it is:
-really expensive
-pretty big (pedalboard wise)

so anyway have any thoughts of good. somewhat cheap (under 100 bucks used?) flange pedals?

for the record i love jerry cantrell's and mark tremonti's flanging effects a lot
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i know nothing.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by Greenwood991
small stone and phase 90 seem to be popular.

FACEPALM

i own the phase 90, its a PHASER, hence the name

i'm looking for a flanger, not a phaser
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
/wrists
sorry im dislexic
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by acdclandon
FACEPALM

i own the phase 90, its a PHASER, hence the name

i'm looking for a flanger, not a phaser

If you like Tremonti's "flanger" you get the facepalm; Mark mainly abhors effects, and only uses PHASER (in addition to some delay for solos but even then it's pretty limited, mainly just wah). He used to use an EVH Phase 90, but now uses his own signature T Rex Phaser. Jerry's the same way if I remember correctly; he used a Phase 90. I think he may have used an old Boss BF-2 for some stuff, but that's about it.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
If you like Tremonti's "flanger" you get the facepalm; Mark mainly abhors effects, and only uses PHASER (in addition to some delay for solos but even then it's pretty limited, mainly just wah). He used to use an EVH Phase 90, but now uses his own signature T Rex Phaser. Jerry's the same way if I remember correctly; he used a Phase 90. I think he may have used an old Boss BF-2 for some stuff, but that's about it.

well excuse me then i meant his flange "sound" i guess

i was trying to come up with songs that i like with flange, and i thought of jerry cantrell in down in a hole which is undeniably a flanger, and mark tremonti in my own prison

point is i need a good flanger, so maybe you should point a good suggestion?

and to greenwood, i'm sorry man was a little harsh, and you're right the phase 90 and small stone are good choices for phaser, just not flanger
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i'm looking for some more crazier sounds, not anything too weird, but i already have a small clone for clean arpeggio stuff, i'm looking for something with more crazyness

is the bf-2 any good?

i found a couple for 50 bucks used that i good get, would it be worth it?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
im sure lots of people will say the evh flanger, but it's really not very good. it's a quiet lame jet flange. it's not even what he uses/used. he used a REAL mxr flanger for his recordings, and the new one isn't the same at all. i like my boss flanger, but some people don't. i'd try the boss one though
i just splurged and bought a bf-2 from my brothers friend

tell me what you guys think
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE