i own an older Peavey Raptor EXP and i like it. great action, HSS configuration,and a great tone at least i think so. my thing is since im happy with it should i buy up to something better. it gives me a desirable tone(kind of a classic rock sound). it copies stevie ray vaughn great i can mimic his tone with this guitar. my only problem is that i bought it at a pawn shop as a replacement for a house robbery and i know nothing about it. like the woods involved the pickups that are in it and the bridge it does have a tremolo but ive never used it because i bought it without the arm in it. if anyone has a similar guitar or that has even owned the same kind of Peavey post feedback please. anything is great appreciated
Quote by STPFan88
i own an older Peavey Raptor EXP and i like it. great action, HSS configuration,and a great tone at least i think so. my thing is since im happy with it should i buy up to something better. it gives me a desirable tone(kind of a classic rock sound). it copies stevie ray vaughn great i can mimic his tone with this guitar. my only problem is that i bought it at a pawn shop as a replacement for a house robbery and i know nothing about it. like the woods involved the pickups that are in it and the bridge it does have a tremolo but ive never used it because i bought it without the arm in it. if anyone has a similar guitar or that has even owned the same kind of Peavey post feedback please. anything is great appreciated

on the single coils on 10 gauge strings i can get his tone dont soubt the peavey
What amp do you have?

Your sig says you have a gibson explorer? Does that not suffice?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
ummmm dude get a strat. You'll love the tone sooooo much more and they play great. If you want to know more about your peavey find the serial number on the guitar and look it up online
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by STPFan88
since im happy with it should i buy up to something better

That's the meat and potatoes of your post right there, and the answer is no. If you're happy with what you've got then save your money; if you've got money to burn then buy some lessons or something. Don't think you need a more expensive instrument just because all the rich kids with no skill have them. That ain't rock n' roll.