so my band just split up. quite gay. i thought we were a good band. we had an awesome singer and an awesome drummer and we were writing some awesome songs but the other day the singer had to be a little bitch and have a go at our drummer (they are both girls). im not that annoyed im just not gunna ever go in a band with girls again :P

what can i do to find a new band? ive played battle of the bands and other gigs so people know how well i can play. a friends band mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago that they were looking for a lead guitarist so the current guitarist could focus on his singing more. how shall i advitize myself?
Advertise doesn't have a zed.
███████████████████████████████████
just tell them you wanna try to play with them haha. if they're a friend's band, you might have first shot over other people. My advice, try to start a new band with some people (Friends or otherwise) and make sure you have YOUR vision for the band so there's no argument. determine what you want before you start playing.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by SideshowRaven24
just tell them you wanna try to play with them haha. if they're a friend's band, you might have first shot over other people. My advice, try to start a new band with some people (Friends or otherwise) and make sure you have YOUR vision for the band so there's no argument. determine what you want before you start playing.

That's exactly what I'm doing now. Actually, once I started listening to The Mars Volta and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's music (ref. your avatar ), I've finally realized that I want to control where the sound goes... so that's what I'm doing with my new project Event.Horizon.

I advise that what you do then. It's been working so far. Good luck mayne.
Quote by guitarkid2113
so that's what I'm doing with my new project Event.Horizon.

can i just say, that is a terrible name. the movie was gay, and im not sure why you thought it would be good for a band name..

i like your music though.

i don't really have an opinion on the actual topic though, lol
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Last edited by Dunjma at Jan 25, 2009,
Event Horizon is also a part of a black hole, IIRC. And why do you use gay as an insult? Are you a homophobe? This isn't the pit, you know.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I didn't even realize it was a movie?
I named it after the point in which you enter a black hole you will never return.
But thanks for your liking my music.

(Sorry to spam this)

But really TS, I'd just move in your own direction and do exactly what you want. Just really think about it though, take your time.