so ive got the tony iommi sg epiphone, and i really like it. 24 frets, all black, etc. but the pickups arent really the best. they are good for sabbath, and other softer rock stuff like that. so my question is what would be some good pickups i could get that are good for some metal, and sabbath type stuff?
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
could always try a screamin demon in the bridge and a jazz in the neck..i mean michael ammot from arch enemy uses jb/jazz.. but if you want mroe bite and metal, have the screamin demon
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
The pickups in the Iommi signature G-400 are the Gibson Iommi signature pickups. You can't really beat those for a Sabbath tone.

If you find your tone lacking, it's almost certainly your amp.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The pickups in the Iommi signature G-400 are the Gibson Iommi signature pickups. You can't really beat those for a Sabbath tone.

If you find your tone lacking, it's almost certainly your amp.

thats not really the problem. the tone is perfect for sabbath, i just want it to do more than that. cause i cant get it to sound good for any type of music besides sabbath type stuff.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Ah sorry, misread your post.

Even so, the Tony Iommi pickups are high-output as far as passive pickups go, moreso than even some 'metal' passive pickups. So I would still suggest that it is your amp, EQ or pedals that are giving you trouble more than anything else. Especially when using high output pickups like the Iommi signatures, you will be surprised what you can do just by cranking your amp's master volume a little more of setting your EQ up properly.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Ah sorry, misread your post.

Even so, the Tony Iommi pickups are high-output as far as passive pickups go, moreso than even some 'metal' passive pickups. So I would still suggest that it is your amp, EQ or pedals that are giving you trouble more than anything else. Especially when using high output pickups like the Iommi signatures, you will be surprised what you can do just by cranking your amp's master volume a little more of setting your EQ up properly.

hmm, i guess ill have to go mess with the settings some more. i just got the spider valve 112 for christmas,so im still a little new to it.

i might also think they dont sound beast b/c my other guitar has emgs.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
if you want the sweet leaf tone, put it on the blue insane setting or the blue metal setting, but for stuff like paranoid and war pigs, you should use the orange ones.
I like my spidervalve, but im most likely going to trade it in for a 6505+ combo when it comes out.
Quote by stratdud39
if you want the sweet leaf tone, put it on the blue insane setting or the blue metal setting, but for stuff like paranoid and war pigs, you should use the orange ones.
I like my spidervalve, but im most likely going to trade it in for a 6505+ combo when it comes out.

thanks, ill have to try that out.

and that new 6505 combo looks nice for $500. but i just got this amp, and up next is a new axe.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3