eehhh i dont know about Charvel now, but i know a guy that has a fairly new Charvel that he plays through a sort of Marshall half-stack and it sounds great i know its not from the 80's im positive on that
those have those korean-made Floyd Roses... not sure how well they hold up. They're certainly cheaper than the German-made Schaller ones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the new charvels play great, & sound awesome, & really have great tuning stabillity. I put the floyd through hell & it held up. they come with schaller floyd rose trems. I mainly tryed the so-cal series & custom shop models, & they where great. there was one I especially like it was a green so-cal with SD pickups, I played it through a blockhead custom 50w 65 amp. man i was blown away, I should have bought that amp......
Last edited by Devilman2020 at Jan 25, 2009,
I always thought charvels were super sexy because of the strat bodies with humbuckers...superstrats I guess. Never tried one though.

...free bump...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Charvels are rad. And don't worry about it not having a floating trem. I have a floating on my kramer, and I absolutely HATE it. I would love to have a dive only. They make stringing an tuning 9 billion times easier.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
i live near a store who i think im not sure if they still do, but they have the handmade custom ones and god damn are they awsome. i played a pink one with a super distortion and a floyd. it had a nice birdseye maple neck and it sounded awsome. its called the music zoo if you google it

EDIT: i meant to say they had them esxclusivly sorry. i know they still have them
Last edited by Themilkmaker at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by Devilman2020
they come with schaller floyd rose trems.

i think they come with the korean ones... maybe they still have schaller on them, but i don't think they're made in germany.

will check the next time i see them.

EDIT; you can set up the trem to float, just like a strat trem, but you're not going to have anywhere near the up-pull of a recessed floyd (maybe a semitone or two)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think they come with the korean ones... maybe they still have schaller on them, but i don't think they're made in germany.

will check the next time i see them.

EDIT; you can set up the trem to float, just like a strat trem, but you're not going to have anywhere near the up-pull of a recessed floyd (maybe a semitone or two)...

These use Floyd Rose, NOT korean made floyd's.

This seems cheap for a charvel. Best look it over a bit more up close. Most custom Charvels are $2000 +, but are nice guitars.
- Kramer Stagemaster
- Kramer Pacer Custom 1
- Ibanez USA Custom EW
- Jackson SlatQH Soloist
- Martin D-41
- Breedlove artist
- Marshal JVM410 w/1960a 4x12
- PodXT live
yeah, i think that's one of the ways how they're saving the money (the korean floyds). i think they're also 3-piece bodies too?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think Charvel has always been 3 piece. In the 80's they were 3 piece as well as they are now...
- Kramer Stagemaster
- Kramer Pacer Custom 1
- Ibanez USA Custom EW
- Jackson SlatQH Soloist
- Martin D-41
- Breedlove artist
- Marshal JVM410 w/1960a 4x12
- PodXT live
Quote by fairycake92
is that a dive only trem though?

not really. you CAN pull up. just not as much as on a recessed floyd rose.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by _Kramer_
I think Charvel has always been 3 piece. In the 80's they were 3 piece as well as they are now...

oh, ok. i thought the higher-end ones were 2-piece maybe (in the newer ones).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$1000 production Charvels that came out recently all have the Asian made OFR's not German and are setup flush on the body, no pull ups thought you can set it to float slightly by raising the pivot posts.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
yeah, that's what i thought. the ones i tried were set up to float, but i think the shop's manager had got a hold of them (he normally sets the stuff up before he puts it on the wall).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From what I heard the guitar is assembled in USA but the necks are made in Mexico. Not sure if that is 100% correct but I think it is.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
honestly, i'm a cynical/paranoid chap, but the more i hear the more it just confirms it.

the bigger the fuss they (any company) seems to make about how something is "such a great deal for being made in the USA (or similar country with high labour costs)", the bigger the chance it seems to be that only the minimum amount of it is made there so it can legally be labelled as made there...

though i would say that the necks on the ones i tried did feel pretty similar to USA standard strat necks. maybe their necks are made in mexico too, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Guitarwoody7
that guitar looks awesome

+1

As far as floating trems. I would rather not have one. I'm going to block mine. The tuning stability is alot better on dive only.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
if you can afford the san dimas and are worried if they are as good as the 80`s charvels. i would suggest looking at Wayne Guitars (wayne charvel and his son)
yeah, that's probably a good idea, actually. i've never been able to try them, but have heard good things.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?