Just rented it today and finished watching it.

Pretty damn awesome but is pretty slow for the first half of the movie. Fight scenes were great and graphics were amazing, but I felt that it had something missing to it.

The ending was pretty awful IMO should've had more AVALANCHE members doing stuff. DEFINITELY should've had more Vince and Barret fighting.

Your thoughts on it?
this thread would have been a little more appropriate a couple of years ago. but its just a marvel of CGI technology.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I didn't really like it too much. Although I never really did like Final Fantasy 7, 8 was always my favourite.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
I watched it in Japanese about 2 years ago so I don't really remember what it was like. The end was pretty awesome though.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Yeah fuck Cloud. He's just depressed the entire movie like an idiot.

And lulz at Vince not having a cell phone
I really enjoyed it, i dont see what the complaints are about, the story was pretty much rounded off already in the game, i think they did a great job of making a finished story intresting again without getting silly with it.
The CGI was brilliant, dialogue was good without being too cheesy, great soundtrack and the action sequences were very well directed.
I watch it maybe 4-5 times a year and enjoy it every time.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I for one, loved it. The graphics were amazing at the time, and I enjoyed a lot; although true, it was lacking a bit in story.

Edit:

Quote by alkalineweeman
I really enjoyed it, i dont see what the complaints are about, the story was pretty much rounded off already in the game, i think they did a great job of making a finished story intresting again without getting silly with it.
The CGI was brilliant, dialogue was good without being too cheesy, great soundtrack and the action sequences were very well directed.
I watch it maybe 4-5 times a year and enjoy it every time.

Same. Basically.
I loved the soundtrack especially.
Last edited by EmancipatedSoul at Jan 25, 2009,
epic battles though, but the story itself had to be written better
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
4 years isn't that old.

9/11 is regarded as yesterday in the States.

4 years ago I was a completely different person. 4 years is a good amount of time to me.

IMO, I think people should stop making 9/11 such a big deal, every year they do some super huge news special on it. It should just be mentioned and have a moment of silence.

Stereotyping people are stereotyping.
Movie should be called: Final Fantasy VII 2: Cloud's bitching about life again
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
4 years isn't that old.

9/11 is regarded as yesterday in the States.

One's a slightly obscure movie about a computer game (and Christmas, or so I've been told) and the other is a terrorist attack killing thousands, and almost unprecedented in American history for it's unexpected ferocity. I don't really think the two can be compared.
Final Fantasy VII: Cloud has 6 fucking swords

Quote by LordBishek
One's a slightly obscure movie about a computer game (and Christmas, or so I've been told) and the other is a terrorist attack killing thousands, and almost unprecedented in American history for it's unexpected ferocity. I don't really think the two can be compared.

In the movie, the terrorist attack is this:

Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jan 25, 2009,
I didn't understand that crazy movie one bit. What's with the wimpy-looking white-haired boy who thinks the green light is his mother?

Maybe I need to play the game. I liked the other Final Fantasy movie more.
XIAOXI
There's been conversation on FF:AV in the Final Fantasy Game Thread, but yeah I've seen it three times, cause much nostalgia about the game. Sephiroth's theme was just awesome with the electric guitar included... I was somewhat disappointed about changes in certain characters though. Marlene seemed sweet and not annoying in the game, and Tifa looked different than I'd imagine. I suppose it was a pretty good adaptation anyway.

Wooh Aeris!
Every time I see this thread (or the movie for that matter), I think "Advent Chrilen."

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Final Fantasy VII: Cloud has 6 fucking swords

In the movie, the terrorist attack is this:

Imao. The movie was great. Cloud went bad ass at the end. I still like Squall,Tidus, and Auron better. I guess i can relate to them more.
FFVII always been my favorite. Cloud kicked ass at the end, which was awesome. I liked that movie.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
It featured way too little of Cid mutha****ing Highwind.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Too bad they only use 1 materia, which is the wrong color to start with.

All the movie was in the city, I would prefer the battles taking place somewhere else.

But hey, it was entertaining (I still don't know how Jehova's head can be at like 3 places at the same time).
Despite, Final Fantasy VII being the greatest game ever, IMO, I don't really like the movie. I will give it that it looked in****ingcredible. But, the story was terrible. And I know Final Fantasy is supposed to be pretty out there, but the fight scenes were ridiculous. I mean, you never fight falling down buildings in the game. And as previously mentioned, the materia being the wrong color pissed me off.
i've watched this movie three times. once on drunk, once baked, once on shrooms. This movie just gets better and better every time i watch it. The animation is mind blowing, and the fight scenes were awesome. It got a little confusing at times, but it's not unenjoyable to watch.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It's REALLY confusing for people who know nothing of the original FF7 because the movie is based directly off the game. I can let the story slide a little, but it should've had way more and BETTER fight scenes.

The Bahamut SIN fight was pretty average, though it definitely should've had more of Barret and Vince, especially since Vince is immortal with transforming powers and all. Barret should've shot fucking mini-nukes at it!

Tifa is quite annoying and always says the most cliched stuff. The movie would be 4x better without her. Needs more Aerith

Side note: I love how
can disarm

Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jan 26, 2009,
^Good lord!
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Too much Cloud.
To little Yuffie.
Just enough Vincent.

I much prefer Tifa in the movie, she was an annoying bitch in the game.
Tifa's fight was the best part of the movie.

The triplets were ****ing stupid, as was Sephiroth coming back, the plot should of been unrelated to the game in every way except characters and themes.

Clouds new sword however, was awesome.
I loved the movie, it looks great on a HD TV. I hope we eventually get Advent Children Complete on Blu Ray here - new scenes (Sephiroth impaling Cloud with Masamune) , new textures (ripped clothes, blood etc.)

Apparently Japan only though. The bastards
RULE BRITANNIA
I fell asleep when I rented it and my girlfriend watched the whole thing.

I hate her because she's a slut.

This was my ex girlfriend from 2 years ago i'm talking about.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I loved the movie, it looks great on a HD TV. I hope we eventually get Advent Children Complete on Blu Ray here - new scenes (Sephiroth impaling Cloud with Masamune) , new textures (ripped clothes, blood etc.)

Apparently Japan only though. The bastards

Don't you have a PS3? Yeah, no problem then.

But wasn't it just that only Japan are getting the XIII demo? I'm pretty sure AC: Complete is still getting released overseas.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

But wasn't it just that only Japan are getting the XIII demo? I'm pretty sure AC: Complete is still getting released overseas.

Aye I do. That would be good, the demo doesn't really bother me, I'm more excited for Versus anyway
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Ichikurosaki

I would be really surprised if it wasnt released at a later date, since Blu-ray's popularity is growing more and more. This film would be a big seller worldwide.

As for the film, it was alright.
The story was a bit meh, I didnt really care about the three fucktard bros.
The fight/chase scenes were fantastic- I think thats all it really set out to show and that is fine with me.
It looks amazing on dvd, I can't wait to check it out in High Definition.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。