Hey guys, I just bought a blackheart little giant stack for dorm use. I know that it can get too loud, so should i get an attenuator or a od/dist pedal to get distortion at lower volumes? I play hard rock, i.e. gnr, whitesnake, ac/dc. Experts please chime in!
Uhhh an attenuator will probably cost as much as the amp. Pedal...
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I'd say an nice OD like a Fulltone OCD.

That way, you get OD at low volume, and when you crank it up, you can boost the amp's OD with the OD pedal.
OD = Ts-9, green screamer, Maxon OD, fulltone OCD, Bad monkey
Distortion = MI Audio Crunch Box
Attenuator = Weber Mini Mass
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by occub
Uhhh an attenuator will probably cost as much as the amp. Pedal...

a weber micromass costs $70 whereas a good pedal costs more than $100?

thing is I want power tube saturation. will a pedal allow me to achieve that at low volumes?

if it is possible with a pedal, any recommendations for the kind of music I play?
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
OD = Ts-9, green screamer, Maxon OD, fulltone OCD, Bad monkey
Distortion = MI Audio Crunch Box
Attenuator = Weber Mini Mass

I am definitely thinking about the MI Audio Crunch Box. However, does using a pedal defeat the purpose of a tube amp?
Quote by b1adefury
a weber micromass costs $70 whereas a good pedal costs more than $100?

thing is I want power tube saturation. will a pedal allow me to achieve that at low volumes?

if it is possible with a pedal, any recommendations for the kind of music I play?

haha... I didnt know they made lil baby attenuators.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
thanks for the fast responses guys. but I still can't decide what sounds better at low volumes.

tube amp + attenuator or tube amp + pedal ??
Depends on the amp. I dunno how the little giant's distortion sounds. How do you like it?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Depends on the amp. I dunno how the little giant's distortion sounds. How do you like it?

I haven't received the amp yet but from the sound samples I have heard the cranked tone sounds sweet!
Quote by goshinbi
well I have read some good reviews for the omnisonic volume control box but I don't know if it's exactly what you want. It is only $24 with shipping

Reviews: http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Omnisonic/Volume+Control+Box/10/1

you can get one on ebay here : http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/omnisonic_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

that needs an effects loop, which the Blackheart LG doesnt have