I'll need two types of distortion from pedals to use through a blackheart little giant. One will be for more modern stuff such as Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Every Time I Die, Bullet for my Valentine. The other, for more classic rock, AC/DC, Boston, GNR, stuff like that.

Any suggestions? I've also heard a good OD might do the trick for the classic rock, but i'm not sure.

Budget isn't too much of an issue, but keep it reasonable
bad monkey OD for the classic rock

$20 on GC's used listings: http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedGear/details.cfm?listId=105068281

I've heard good things about metal muff, but you should also take a look at the digitech hardwire metal distortion pedal... can't go wrong really with either
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
A popular pedal for this is the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. I personally don't like it but it has both an overdrive and a distortion. You're better off buying an overdrive and a distortion separately, but you're BEST off getting a new amp if you can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Metal muff for modern stuff, and surely the overdrive on the blackheart should do the job? If not, have a look at the Boss OD pedals

EDIT::

Quote by stradivari310
but you're BEST off getting a new amp if you can.

You're having a giggle mate, the Blackheart Little Giant is a great amp!!
Last edited by McShredder at Jan 25, 2009,
Jekyll & hyde
or
Fulltone OCD and crank the amp

Edited because i iread the person above me's post and forgot the OP
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Jan 25, 2009,
i have the Grunge pedal and the boss DS-1, but the only band that you mentioned that we both like is Metallica so...i guess maybe i just listed two pedals you DONT want to get, ha
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by ShredGod George
+ 1
and an od wont work on the spider, it's a solid state modeller

read buddy he's playing through a blackheart little giant. All tube.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs
read buddy he's playing through a blackheart little giant. All tube.

+1
My bad, somebody needs to put their new amp in their sig

In that case, just get a distortion pedal. The amp overdrive is better than what most pedals will give you anyway, but you do need a pedal for heavier sounds.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by rocnroll4evr93
for the heavy stuff Boss DS-1. great bang for your buck pedal.

as i stated, i have one. i love it... i take back what i said, the OP, you should totally get the DS-1.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by stradivari310
A popular pedal for this is the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. I personally don't like it but it has both an overdrive and a distortion. You're better off buying an overdrive and a distortion separately, but you're BEST off getting a new amp if you can.

I was actually about to recommend this LOL! Maybe the DS-1 and a Bad Monkey, or perhaps an Ibanez Jemini.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
black star hm-5 . metal muff for like chords and shizz and a bad monkey for the overdrive
well, for the classic stuff, the amp's OD should be better than any pedal. as for the metal stuff, i'd take the MXR dime distortion. not for everybody, but i liked it, it was very thick and chunky. the metal muff would be good, but its very "trashy" voiced, and isnt the best for modern stuff.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.