Ok, so I want to put a bridge humbucker in this guitar and move the p90 to the middle position. Is it possible? I mean, there are Les Pauls out there with 3 humbuckers (Black Beautys), so I don't see any reason why not.
I have access to powertools so thats no obstacle.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
customizing forum

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Are you any good with power tools? If you're not, you could easily butcher this job. If you know what you're doing, it's not very difficult.
Quote by chipmunksurfer
customizing forum

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
The pickups in that picture are already humbuckers...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
its possible..if you want to have the ugliest and most uncoftorable guitar in the world to play.
Quote by ChordMonger
derp

if they were p-90s the pole pieces would have to be running down the middle of the cover plates because p-90s are big single coils. those are definitely humbuckers. a gibson isnt a good guitar to learn things on that could destroy it. id say leave it alone.
edit sorry i quoted the wrong one but you get the idea.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Jan 25, 2009,
You will also need the 3 pickup switch they use in the black beauties. Its usually a neck pickup in the middle position. A bridge in the middle will have more output than at the bridge position. You might want to try a 3 pickup LP before you cut a big hard to fill hole in the middle of it.
Also bear in mind that adding a third pickup in the middle butchers the guitar's sustain and response, and it limits your tonal options unless you get at least a four-way switch and are very crafty with your wiring.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Personally, the way I'd do the wiring would be individual on/offs somehow.

I hope you're doing this to an Agile or something - not a Gib. As much as I'm not a Gibson guy, they are still nice guitars.