Page 1 of 2
Ugh...
Don't,please don't
...I hate to be a metal-forum prick,but...
Melodic Death Metal is an oxymoron
and it shows in the ****ty music...

METAL and MELODY are in a love hate relationship,and it usually doesn't work out
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

METAL and MELODY are in a love hate relationship,and it usually doesn't work out

While I agree it's a loose term, the fact that you think it's ****ty because it has melody is laughable
Ugh...
Don't, please don't.
...I hate to be brutally honest, but you're a fukking idiot.
Melodic Death Metal is just a way to describe a specific subgenre of music.

METAL and MELODY go hand in hand 9 out of 10 times.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

what? there is melody in plenty of metal bands. And not ****ty ones, In Flames Children of Bodom, Wintersun all have melodies in their songs. They all fall under a degree of death metal.
Quote by Sami Philadelph

I'm not even a huge fan of melodic death metal but that statement makes me lose faith in metalkind.

Go back to your cave.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

?!?!?

It's all a matter of opinion, metal isn't all about chugging riffs with an exorbitant amount of distortion...I mean look at Opeth, perfect blend of Death Metal and Melodic Music that combine on a number of their songs to create some of the best songs around. (Granted they aren't melo-death like say Insomnium, but they do provide a good counterexample...)
Quote by ChopSuey19
Are you talking melodic metal like Metallica's Fade to Black sort of thing? I have no idea what you mean hehe.

Are you retarded? How about clicking the links to find out what I'm talking about.
Quote by dminishedthingy
Ugh...
Don't, please don't.
...I hate to be brutally honest, but you're a fukking idiot.
Melodic Death Metal is just a way to describe a specific subgenre of music.

METAL and MELODY go hand in hand 9 out of 10 times.

+1
Quote by The Kreator
Same, I can't take anymore melo-deth bands...

Play some real Death Metal.

"Real" death metal gets old fast
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

Bah, you don't need melody for music.

It's not what scales you use, it's how you play them. Try the Melodic and Harmonic Minor scales.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Melo-death gets older way faster for me, with it's sugar-coated melodies and twin guitar solos...

Ah well, agree to disagree.
I love how fans from both sides of the death metal spectrum are unable to have a mature argument of tastes without insulting the other genre.
Melodic death metal is not all cheesy watered down death metal/metalcore without breakdowns. There are some great standout bands in the genre if you're willing to look, and this new wave of melodeath bands cannot be used to make a generalization about the entire genre.
Death metal is not all chugging with exuberant amounts of distortion. The best bands of the genre know how to properly use melody (and dissonance) to give an overall feeling of aggression, the feeling that death metal fans look for in a good band.
Both genres are great.
Both genres have faults. Just like everything else.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

Iron Maiden? Judas Priest? Spawn of Possession?

Anyways, for generic tasteless SotS ripoffs, chug open lowest string, throw some melodic minor notes in the 5th and 4th strings in there, and do the same except chug 8th fret on lowest string.

Seriously, you could probably list 400 bands who do stupid **** like that and get famous.
Quote by Endless_Pain
Are you retarded? How about clicking the links to find out what I'm talking about.

Or how about you describe what you're talking about properly so that those who are unable or unwilling to use youtube links can understand you. I was gonna help, but I don't fully get what you want, and posts like that make me very unwilling to be helpful.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Ugh...
Don't,please don't

death, the first real death metal band, used melody a lot

kindly **** off
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by The Kreator
Melo-death gets older way faster for me, with it's sugar-coated melodies and twin guitar solos...

Ah well, agree to disagree.

I kind of agree.....Straight Death Metal and Melodic Death Metal both get old after a while for me. I prefer a band that's somewhere in the middle with a sense of melody at times but still very heavy. I guess Death could be an example?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Taydr
Or how about you describe what you're talking about properly so that those who are unable or unwilling to use youtube links can understand you. I was gonna help, but I don't fully get what you want, and posts like that make me very unwilling to be helpful.

ok bye
Just do what Michael Amott does. He seems to be getting it right.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
check out these bands

The Absence
Amon Amarth
Arsis
Behemoth
Children of Bodom
Daath
Death
Dethklok
Eluveitie
Ensiferum
In Flames
Insomnium
Kalmah
Nightrage
Opeth
Skeletonwithc
Wintersun
all melodeath all great

Edit: well not all melodeath but all use melody
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
check out these bands

The Absence
Amon Amarth
Arsis
Behemoth
Children of Bodom
Daath
Death
Dethklok
Eluveitie
Ensiferum
In Flames
Insomnium
Kalmah
Nightrage
Opeth
Skeletonwithc
Wintersun
all melodeath all great

Quote by UncleCthulhu

?what?
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by The Kreator
Opeth, Daath, Dethklok, Behemoth, Death =\= Melodic Death Metal.

look at the edit please
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Sami Philadelph

umm have you ever heard of power metal?, most thrash has melodies, black sabbath has melodies
good music has melodies its a part of music without melody you end up getting rap ughh
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Quote by CG Man16

The Absence

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

i ****ing love that band

and those other ones too, but the absence for sure
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by lpcustom325
umm have you ever heard of power metal?, most thrash has melodies, black sabbath has melodies
good music has melodies its a part of music without melody you end up getting rap ughh

ya dood al day 50 sent shti hertsm mi eers!

RIP DIIEM 4 LIEFE!!
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by CG Man16
?what?

The facepalm smiley isn't working anymore

Doesn't matter anyway, saw your edit lol
Quote by TheTortured
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

i ****ing love that band

and those other ones too, but the absence for sure

my favorite band too dude
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by The Kreator
Opeth, Daath, Dethklok, Behemoth, Death =\= Melodic Death Metal.

I don't know, wouldn't you call Dethklok Melodeath?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by lpcustom325

Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger

facepalm dosen't work anymore
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Mine does bitches
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 2